Advanced Setting with Guest Tutor Peter Keep
(+1 more date)
Guest tutor and master jeweller Peter Keep will travel from his home in Western Australia to share his unique expertise and vast teaching experience with us at SquarePeg in 2023.
Keen to incorporate striking stone-set detail into your work?
We present two one-day workshops ideal for advanced students who want to add to their setting skill set.
Choose to join either (or both!) one-day workshops focussing on split claw and star setting.
What you will learn
- Learn how to split claw and/or star set in two one day workshops
- These workshops include setting blanks for students to use as they perfect their technique during the day of learning.
- Learn advanced setting with master jeweller Peter Keep
What you will get
- All the consumables you need to make your projects (ie saw blades, emery paper, burrs and drill bits) as well as all the hand tools and equipment you need.
- Tea or coffee and yummy biscuits
- Setting blanks and cubic zirconias, a selection of sizes and colours will be available to choose from.
What to bring
- Covered shoes
- It is advised to bring your own lunch as there is not much time to go out to buy. lunch.
- A notebook and pen/pencil
What to wear
All students must wear proper enclosed shoes, long pants or skirts and have long hair tied back. Our warehouse has a concrete floor and can be cold in winter (we have some heating!) and hot in summer so please dress appropriately.
Perfect for those with advanced level jewellery making experience.
SquarePeg Studios is a Sydney jewellery studio and school, established in 2011, we occupy a 200sq metre warehouse space in Marrickville.
With studio spaces for 14 practising jewellers, a well-equipped workshop and busy jewellery school seeing around 50 students each week, SquarePeg Studios is a participatory community space created by and for the contemporary jewellery network of Sydney.
At SquarePeg Studios we have a passion for contemporary jewellery, we have excellent workshop facilities and a dedicated and talented team of tutors to help you learn everything you need to know to create your own jewellery designs in an inclusive and friendly environment.
Cancellations & Refunds
If the organiser cancels the class:
You are entitled to a full refund.
If you can't attend the class:
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 30 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$30.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested 21 days before the class starts. An admin fee of AU$30.00 applies.
- A credit note can be requested 21 days before the class starts. An admin fee of AU$30.00 applies.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions and Refund Policy 1/8/22
SquarePeg Studios has provided jewellery tuition at the highest level since 2011. We bring professional jewellers and practising artists from near and far to provide our students with an excellent and diverse education in an inspiring and well-equipped learning environment.
The following terms and conditions must be adhered to,
- For peace of mind enrolling, SquarePeg Studios recommend purchasing the optional refund protection offered by We Teach Me, our third-party booking platform, at checkout. (See We Teach Me terms and conditions)
- On enrolment, the course fees must be paid in full or via our available payment plan options to secure the place.
- Cancellations 30 days or more before class starts.
- SquarePeg Studios will accept cancellations in writing up to one month before the start date of the class. The refund will be the fee paid less a $30 booking fee and administration fee.
- SquarePeg Studios will issue a credit note for the total fees paid if preferred. The credit note can be used for any course or workshop and is valid for twelve months from the issue date.
- Cancellations up to 21 days before class starts.
- SquarePeg Studios will issue a credit note for the fees paid less the $30 administration fee. The credit note can be used for any course or workshop and is valid for twelve months from the issue date.
- Transfers between 21 and 5 days before the class starts will only be processed if the student's place in the course can be filled.
- SquarePeg Studios will transfer the student to an alternate date within 12 months of the original booking and issue a $30 administration fee.
- It is the responsibility of the student to attend all classes. No make-up classes, refunds or credits will be issued for non-attendance of all or part of the course or workshop.
- Jewellery Studio Bench access is available to students 18 years and older or by special arrangement for younger students.
- Some of our courses require prior learning and have minimum age requirements. Therefore, please check the course description thoroughly before enrolling.
COVID - 19 Update to terms and conditions as of 27th July 2022. Subject to change as per Government directives.
- Suppose a class or workshop cannot proceed due to NSW or Federal Government directives. In that case, SquarePeg Studios will transfer the student enrolment to the next scheduled course or workshop date and promptly notify the student of the change.
- If the new date is not suitable for the student, SquarePeg Studios will issue a credit note for the fees paid to date. The credit note will be valid for twelve months from the date of issue. SquarePeg Studios, at its discretion, may issue a refund less the $30 booking and administration fee.
- Students attending classes or workshops must adhere to Government guidelines and agree to follow the directions of SquarePeg Studios directors and tutors.
More From SquarePeg Studios
Claw Setting with Guest Tutor Peter KeepClaw Setting with Guest Tutor Peter Keep
from AU$645.00Marrickville, NSWFri, 17 Nov 10:00AM (AEDT)
Wax Carving for Jewels - Stone Setting WorkshopWax Carving for Jewels - Stone Setting Workshop
from AU$465.00Marrickville, NSWThu, 03 Aug 10:00AM (AEST) (+1 more)
UnEarthed | Sand Casting with SapphiresUnEarthed | Sand Casting with Sapphires
AU$480.00Marrickville, NSWFri, 20 Oct 9:00AM (AEDT) (+1 more)
Gypsy Setting | Gem Setting WorkshopGypsy Setting | Gem Setting Workshop
from AU$480.00Marrickville, NSWSat, 16 Sep 10:00AM (AEST)
Other classes you might like
Harry Potter Wand Making for all!Harry Potter Wand Making for all!
AU$80.00Live via ZoomSun, 02 Jul 2:00PM (AEST)
Create a Comic BookCreate a Comic Book
AU$55.00Live via ZoomWed, 14 Jun 4:15PM (AEST)Accepts private bookings
Overlock a garmentOverlock a garment
AU$180.00Marrickville, NSWSun, 25 Jun 9:30AM (AEST)
Anime and Manga Drawing Course for All!Anime and Manga Drawing Course for All!
AU$155.00Live via ZoomSun, 06 Aug 1:30PM (AEST)Accepts private bookings
Intro to Vintage Fashion IllustrationsIntro to Vintage Fashion Illustrations
AU$78.00Live via ZoomWed, 12 Jul 6:30PM (AEST)Accepts private bookings
Mandala Canvas ArtMandala Canvas Art
AU$88.00Live via ZoomWed, 19 Jul 6:30PM (AEST)Accepts private bookings
Upholstery and Soft FurnishingUpholstery and Soft Furnishing
AU$265.00Live via ZoomWed, 12 Jul 6:45PM (AEST)
Zips & Buttonholes MasterclassZips & Buttonholes Masterclass
AU$175.00Marrickville, NSWSat, 17 Jun 9:30AM (AEST)
Learn to Make Rhinestone PortraitsLearn to Make Rhinestone Portraits
AU$80.00Live via ZoomWed, 21 Jun 6:30PM (AEST)Accepts private bookings
Watercolour with It Hao Pheh (Zoom)-Single SessionWatercolour with It Hao Pheh (Zoom)-Single Session
AU$26.00Live via ZoomThu, 08 Jun 1:30PM (AEST) (+12 more)
Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback about this workshop. We are sorry a few teething problems impacted your experience. As it was the first time welcoming Peter to the studio and as he came from Perth, a few things did slip through the net but trust you still came away with some great new skills. We will ensure any issues are ironed out before he returns in November.
We look forward to welcoming you back to SquarePeg soon. x Team SquarePeg