Lets Make Dumplings - In Person Workshop
Dumpling Workshop - bringing people and food together around a shared table.
A hands-on dumpling workshop where participants will learn:
- Introduction to ingredients and the world of dumplings
- How to make the dough by hand
- How to make 3 types of filling including: meat, seafood and vegetarian
- How to fold, pleat and cook the dumplings using different methods
- How to share the joys of making and eating food together
Interested in a private workshop, work function, or family gathering?
Gather some of your mates, family and work colleagues for fun, team building or celebration.
Contact The Humble Dumpling to organize a custom date and time.
What you will learn
- You will learn to be confident in making a range of dumplings including the dough
- Learn about Asian ingredients and how to use them
- Hands on cooking to learn some of the secrets of an Asian Kitchen
What you will get
- Knowledge about asian cuisine and culture
- A welcome snack & cup of chinese tea
- Sit-down lunch to enjoy the feast (byo wine and beer)
What to bring
- Students need to advise of any dietary requirments 1 week prior to event
- an appetite
- BYO beer or wine. (optional)
What to wear
casual clothes and closed toe shoes.
this class is for appropriate for everyone
For me, cooking has always been about the sharing of food. It’s about the anticipation of sitting down together and having quality time to talk and share a meal.
I am the daughter of Chinese cooking legend Elizabeth Chong and granddaughter to pioneering and dim-sim inventor William Wing Young. In so many ways I have always been surrounded by food. I went on to study Horticulture but found myself always wanting to plant veggies in peoples front gardens. Later, I designed Victoria’s first fully accredited Asian Cookery course at William Angliss Institute of TAFE where I taught for nearly 20yrs.
Today, my business The Humble Dumpling, is a return to my roots and family traditions. I grew up surrounded by aunties, uncles, grandparents and many many cousins who gathered every Sunday to make dumplings. I have such fond memories of those days and hope that my workshops and events will go some of the way towards sharing my wonderfully rich food culture.
The Humble Dumpling requires 5 days notice in writing prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit note.
In the event that a class is cancelled by The Humble Dumpling, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit note
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at The Humble Dumpling or organised by The Humble Dumpling must agree to these terms and conditions.
The Humble Dumpling does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with The Humble Dumpling to send someone else in your place.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone participating in any classes with The Humble Dumpling must agree to these terms and conditions.
Agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which might incur whilst participating in classes
PHOTO & VIDEO
Agree to give The Humble Dumpling unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos or recordings taken at The Humble Dumpling classes (For use of THD marketing materials)
Agree to be signed up to receive regular updates from the Humble Dumpling