You’ve probably heard the hypnotic music that is bachata and you’re here because you want to get in on the action! Bachata is a partner dance that originated in the Dominican Republic, but has gained international popularity in the recent years and is now danced around the world.
The music is romantic and sensual (traditional Bachata is referred as a bittersweet music). Just as the dance has evolved into different styles - so has the music, which went from traditional Dominican Bachata to urban, sensual and modern Bachata.
Tropical Soul’s instructors are none other than the pioneers of Bachata Moderna, a modern and exciting style of Bachata that will make you a favourite on the dance floor!
DRESS CODE: There is no specific dress code for this class, and people usually wear casual clothes. For the shoes, ladies can wear flats or heels, as long as they are comfortable to dance in for one hour. Also ensure your shoes have an ankle strap or are well-fitted to the feet so they don’t slip out as you dance or turn. Sneakers are not recommended.
This class runs for 6 weeks. Same time, once a week. Tuesday 1st November, 6:30pm Thursday, 3rd November 6:30pm
- You will learn a brief history of Bachata dancing, a Latin dance style that is rapidly becoming everybody’s favorite!
- You will learn the basics of Bachata plus some turn patterns, so you can dance a full song!
- You will learn techniques on how to lead (for the males) and how to follow (for the females).
- 2 professional instructors per class. One male and female. Expert tuition from our experience instructors
- A nice and friendly dance studio, with reception area, AC, toilets and more
- Be part of a community of like minded people, who enjoy healthy activities, networking and fun!
- Your enthusiasm!
There is no specific dress code for this class, and people usually wear casual clothes.
Vendor sincce 2016
Tropical Soul is one of the most popular Latin Dance studios in Sydney and Australia. We offer Latin Dance classes in Salsa, Bachata and all Latin styles from Beginners to Advanced level.
We take pride in creating a wonderful community of dancers and friends! Not only you will learn to dance or have the opportunity to perform on big stages; you will increase your social circle and make lots of new friends!
Led by Josie Cote and Juan Ruiz, multiple times Australian Salsa and Bachata Champions and also two of the most famous and sought-after Latin dance instructors in Australia; you can count that each member of our team is a highly recognized dance instructor in the industry.