Come and and celebrate spring in our working pottery studio - making pots for hanging plants.
We will make a number of functional and decorative pots that you can use in the kitchen or outside, or as lovely gifts. Perfect as herb pots or for succulents or cacti. Green thumb optional. Materials for hanging your pots is included. This workshop is for anyone wanting to enjoy the experience of clay.
Ingrid Tufts is a Melbourne ceramist. She makes her own range of handmade tableware and decorative objects. Ingrid also produces ceramics for an extensive client list including many local cafes, restaurants and cultural organisations.
This is a 3-hour class with a short break for afternoon tea
- How to hand build pots for plants
- How to make pots for hanging
- How to decorate pots using contrasting clay
- All materials
- Worked packed and ready for collection in weeks following the workshop
- A lovely light afternoon tea
- An appreciation and understanding of different stonware clays
- Glazing and Firing
- A set of beautiful hanging pots that can be used
- Just your enthusiasm!
This is a studio environment so covered shoes are a must.
All abilities welcome
Vendor sincce 2017
Tufts is a small studio producing a range of tableware, architectural and decorative ceramics. Our work is available in a number of gallery and design stores around Australia. We also produce bespoke cafe ware and our commercial customers include restaurants, cafes, cultural organizations, and corporations.
Our bright and airy studio is a perfect space to learn some of the techniques and methods of hand building ceramics. We can also offer corporate and professional development workshops customized to individual requirements.
Cancellation or non attendance
- Cancellations will result in forfeit of the workshop fees.
- Bookings are not transferable to other dates.
- Non-attendance forfeits the workshop fees.A cancellation may mean the workshop is unable to go ahead due to minimum numbers... so cancellations can mean other participants miss out.
If we cancel a workshop
- A workshop may require a minimum number of participants, if the minimum number is not met we may have to cancel the worskshop.
- Participants will be notified 48 hours prior to the start of the workshop of a cancellation. Participants enrolled in a cancelled workshop will be offered the choice of having their spot transfered to another workshop, a credit to be used towards another workshop, or a full refund.