This three week course is for those who want to try aerials! Build strength, flexibility and body awareness. This course is suitable for students who are either complete beginners or first timers. If you've never tried aerials before but always dreamed of it this is your chance to come and have a try and see if it is for you.
You will get a crash course in the basics of aerial apparatus such as Tissu (aerial silks), Trapeze, Lyra (aerial hoop) and more!
Please note: This course is for Women, Trans and Non Binary people only.
What you will learn
- Learn how to safely get on and off all of the aerial apparatus.
- Get lots of basic tricks to get you started.
- Build confidence in the air
What you will get
- A carefully created list of strength building activities to get you ready to General Aerials in the following term.
What to bring
- a water bottle
What to wear
Clothes you can go upside down in, no jewellery or external zippers.
Women, trans and non binary people
Here at Vulcana Women’s Circus, we run workshops for adults and kids and teens, and we develop community projects with all kinds of different communities, the focus always being on creativity and empowerment through circus. You can book us for gigs, workshops or hire our space at the Stores Studio, Brisbane Powerhouse.
Vulcana’s circus workshop and performance projects engage a broad range of community participants and work in partnership with arts and community organisations to create opportunities for cultural expression and community development. In a safe, playful space we encourage participants to be themselves with joy and push the boundaries of what is achievable as one or in a group.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A transfer can be requested anytime before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 2 days before the class starts. An admin fee of AU$20.00 applies.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions