Flash Photography Course
(+1 more date)
Thinking of buying a Flash, or do you have one that is a little used? If so, this flash photography course is perfect for you. Over three hours, we want to show how to get the best from your camera's flash, from your Pop-up flash to the latest model. We will cover techniques from wireless flash to "freezing" water in mid-air. If you do not have a flash, don't worry. We do and can loan you one for the day!
Our Flash Photography 101 course covers
- Using the Cameras "Pop-up" Flash.
- Understanding Flash Sync Speeds (What does Slow-Sync Mean?)
- Using "Bounce Flash" to the best effect.
- Working with multiple Flash units.
- Using Flash modifiers and making your own.
- Using your Flash/Speedlites as Studio lights.
- Special Effects with Flash, from "Freezing" water to catching movement
What you will learn
- How to really capture a Person in a Portrait
- How to use light (natural and artificial) to enhance our subject
- How to work with people to relax them to make the Portrait outstanding
What you will get
- Class notes and ongoing support
- Small class max 4 persons
- Local venues with weekend classes available
What to bring
- Camera, Cards,ntebook and pen and an eagerness to learn
What to wear
Open to everyone interested!
Who am I
My name is Alwyn Hanson, I have been teaching photography for over 30 years in Melbourne. I have worked with and taught over 30,000 people including new users as well as training groups such as Victoria Police, MFB and many Government Departments.
I believe in teaching photography in a simple, logical way rather than boring lectures. My classes are short, practical and complete. Most are three hours long (My experience is longer classes don't always achieve good results)
I teach photography and software based on classes that have run with great success in my previous position as manager of Michaels Media School in the Melbourne CBD.
I am passionate about teaching and want you to use YOUR camera to take great photos.
I can teach you in a class or if you prefer at your home, cafe or local park.
You tell me what you want and I can make it happen.
Why Alwyns Photo School is different.
We believe in working WITH all the special features on the camera,NOT turning them all off and going manual. The camera companies have spent millions in development, so why reinvent the wheel. We can teach YOU how to take great photos on YOUR own digital camera.
Alwyns Photo School, making great photography easier.
Alwyns Photo School has an average rating of 5.0 for their other classes.See other reviews
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
You may cancel anytime before class starts and claim a full refund or transfer or credit note.
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Classes are based on a Maximum of Four Students, in the unlikely event that the minimum number of bookings is not reached we will organise either an alternative date, offer and alternative class option or offer a full refund.
Outdoor workshops and events are subject to Weather if bad Weather is forecast (Based on BOM forecasts 48 hours ahead) we will offer an alternative date, or an alternative class option or offer a full refund.