The Safari will be hosted by Colin Bushell Photography and Craig Stampfli Photography; both Gap-based business owners. (Weather depending)
We will meet at The Remembrance Memorial at Walton Bridge Reserve at 2.30pm (we suspect that it will be wrapped up by 6.00pm).
It would be useful to familiarise with the controls of your own camera ahead of the safari, paying particular attention to the controls for aperture, shutter speed and ISO.
- To improve their skills in composition.
- To improve their skills in camera controls.
- To improve their skills in lighting.
- A fun session, guided by an award-winning, certified professional photographer.
- Practical examples of how to improve photos.
- Please bring your own vehicle, water, hat, flashlight, sturdy shoes and mosquito repellant. And don’t forget your camera and a tripod. If possible, bring along your camera’s manual.
Location access will require some walking on rough ground and hills.
Vendor sincce 2017
After 30 years experience in photography, journalism, communications, customer service, consumer law and broadcasting, Colin Bushell established Bigger Boat Creative Solutions (incorporating Colin Bushell Photography) in 2011. The winner of the Lord Mayor’s Photographic Award in 2015, Colin spends up to three months of the year in search of photographic challenges around the world, working on assignments from as far afield as Hawaii, Italy, England, Arizona, Thailand and Germany. When back in his studio and office in The Gap, Brisbane, Colin delivers striking marketing images, corporate profiles and brand features, while working for a series of Australia-wide magazine titles. He also runs workshops and one-on-ones in photography, creative writing and feature writing; leads photography safaris around Queensland with fellow PPAQ professional Craig Stampfli, and is always on the lookout for the next big challenge.