This is a new 1 Day Condensed Creative Workshop where students will experiment with the amazing medium that is Cold Wax & Oil
Day 1 - 10am- 4pm
Orientation and introduction to materials and supplies
Live Demo by Lorna - approx 30 minutes
Discussion & questions
- Working with experimental mark making with a limited palette you will explore line, shape and form on Artist Quality Paper to create a series of small monochromatic works, including but not limited to, charcoal, graphite, black acrylic fluid or India ink, water-soluble crayon, and Cold Wax
- Demonstration on setting up a board to create a small series of works
- Starting with an Acrylic Base to build depth
- Discussion on Saturation and Colour
- Student task - tonal value scale
- Demonstration of Colour mixing with a limited palette to produce paintings with balance and harmony
- Loosen up with a series of gestural mark making on lightweight paper which will be the base layer for your oil painting
Break for Lunch - 30 minutes
Discussion & questions before afternoon session
- Continuation of Cold Wax & Oil
- Students to select and mix colours for their own series of limited colour palette works
- Building up the layers without making mud
- When is it Done? How to know when to stop and how to add those finishing touches
- Presentation Options for finished works
Final discussion and close
We supply Oil Paints - there is a list below of what to bring if you want to bring your own
We now have AIR B&B above the Gallery & Studio so if you are travelling from out of area you can find the link below if you want to stay with your girlfriends. minimum 2 night stay
The only thing which is different at the moment is there is One King Bed and Two Queen Beds currently
A Full List of materials will be supplied and available prior to the workshop commencing
Please do not attend if you are feeling unwell or have been in contact with sick friends or loved ones
What you will learn
- Application of cold wax medium and ratios
- Colour mixing with oil & cold wax medium
- Confidence with colour mixing and composition
What you will get
- You will receive your own Cold Wax medium in a sealed container
- Your own workstation and supporting boards
- You will also be provided with Artist quality oil paper for your projects
What to bring
- Oil Paints - White, Indian Yellow, Ultramarine Blue, Unbleached Titan Buff - or similar
- A Full Materials list is available on booking your ticket
- Rags, Wet Wipes, Mark making tools, Disposable gloves, Masking tape, etc.
What to wear
casual and closed toe shoes and apron
beginners to advanced students welcome
Creative Workshops are popular with beginners and more experienced artists.
Lorna has an easy teaching style and embraces new techniques and mediums with enthusiasm which is contagious.
There are No Mistakes - Only Endless Possibilities in these amazing Fun Workshops where Vibrant and Juicy Colours are used.
Most of our Workshops are about 3-4 hours in duration and you can hang what you create at home the very next day
We cater for Individuals & Groups
Jump on and book a Workshop today - You will not to be disappointed
Be careful though! – Our Workshops are Addictive and we often see our students again and again
The Levee Art Gallery & Studios is an Australian Registered Businesses
Run by Creative Director & Art Trainer – Lorna Ballantyne Epps
Workshops are available all across Australia overseas
Find out more about us at www.leveeartgallery.com.au
Cancellations & Refunds
Please note: All classes apart from the Advanced Resin Layering Workshop - require a minimum of 6 participants to go ahead. If in the instance there are not enough students you will be transferred to the next available class
In the event of a workshop being cancelled, your booking will be refunded in full.
In the case of you not being able to attend a workshop you will be refunded as follows:
Less The booking fee charged by WeTeachMe or transferred to another workshop or date. This workshop incurs a booking fee included in the price.
Any cancellations within 10 days before the workshop will receive a half refund, and within 1 week one Third of the total workshop cost.
No-shows on the day will not be refunded. A credit or transfer will not be issued.
We will be as reasonable as possible in light of Covid and on a case by case basis, but unless a workshop is cancelled and you do not show up on the day we will not refund for last minute cancellations
Terms & Conditions
Please see the cancellation policy below