This TECHNIQUES- Masterclass is jam-packed with information. You will take your sewing to a completely new level as you experiment with new techniques using specialty sewing machine feet. And guess what, a set of over 30 feet are included in your class fee, so you can use all of those new techniques at home immediatly!
- No more spending hours handsewing a blind hem; wizz through it with a blind hem foot on your sewing machine.
- Create beautiful rolled and narrow hems in a jiffy.
- Add interest and texture to your garments by adding ruching, pintucks, cording, beading, brading or some free motion thread drawings and join fabrics on the edge
- Apply bias binding to your edges in one step using the bias binding foot.
- Join raw edges using an edge-joining foot
- Learn when to use a roller foot or teflon foot for tricky fabrics such as leather and vinyl or oilcloth
- Apply piping with a piping foot
- draw a picture with thread in free motion, using the darning foot
- and loads of tips and tricks along the way
- By the end of this class, you will have a great set of new techniques which will widen your sewing horizon and speed up your sewing considerably.
This class is a combination of tutorial/presentation style AND hands-on learning, teaching you a collection of intermediate to advanced sewing techniques streamlined with the use of specialty sewing machine feet. You will create a collection of samples and take notes to create a reference folder that will come in handy for years to come.
It's for those advanced beginners that want to challenge themselves, and intermediate level sewers who want to build up their techniques and make their sewing more professional by adding a variety of professional looking hems, finishing techniques, decorative techniques and time savers to their repertoire.
You are welcome to use one of our sewing machines during class or bring your own. If you bring your own, in order to use the feet you need a modern (not vintage) domestic low shank machine that takes generic snap on feet such as MOST Janome, Elna, Brother, Bernette, most modern Singers, Toyota, etc. You can get a low shank adaptor for most modern Bernina and Pfaff models, which you would need to bring in. If in doubt, simply check with your manufacturer. Most modern machines are low shank machines. Please note that the set of generic feet is an added bonus to the class and although they work with most machines, we cannot guarantee that they work with yours, or all of your stitch settings.
It's a big day, so we provide a light lunch, tea, coffee and bikkies to keep you going. Time will fly and you will be amazed at what you will have learnt.
Here is a good article that explains the difference between high and low shank machines and outlines machine models. http://www.nancysnotions.com/text/content/products/footlisting.html
Please check what to bring under the 'materials to bring' section on this page.
You can always contact us with any questions via our website www.makeandlearn.com.au
I highly recommend this class to anyone who's starting to explore in this world of machine sewing. Actually......to anyone who's been exploring this fabulous world for a while as well! For a 7 hrs class + set of 32 feet + tea/coffee and biscuits during the entire class + yummy lunch + notebook + laughter + good chat the price is REALLY good value!!! Natasha is the most lovable and patient instructor. She truly loves what she does and as a student you can see it and feel it. Natasha...keep up the good work and please come up with more masterclasses like this one.
This was a fantastic course. I learnt so much and now have new techniques that I can apply to my sewing projects. Natasha was a great instructor and very patient. The sewing feet received will definately come in handy. I highly recommend this course to all regardless of sewing level.
Natasha was an excellent teacher & very gracious host...she explained all of the feet we were given clearly & the ones we used to make our sample book she explained with care & gave individual attention where needed.