START WITH ART
Make this year better than before!
About START WITH ART
Wouldn’t it be great if approached our days with Clarity and Calm? If we had a blueprint for our journey forward instead of kind of going from one challenge to the next, coming up occasionally for air? If we didn’t keep making goals that we ultimately abandoned, but set intentions that gently guided us through the inevitable twists and turns stretching out before us?
In this workshop, we make art that directs us to look forward to the future with hope and anticipation, instead of a slight unease at the uncertainty it brings. We combine creativity and purposefulness, and make art that reminds us of each of our unique and amazing qualities!
** Note: This is a 2 day workshop over Sat/Sun, from 9.30 to 5.30 daily. Not a sleepover :) And there are no prerequisites. You are all welcome!
- How to create multiple paintings that form beautiful assemblage of art.
- How to start your year with CREATIVITY... even if you never painted before!
- How to set beautiful intentions and secure them into your art, so you move forward into 2021 with Clarity, Purpose and Beauty.
- Wonderful new friendships with creative souls.
- Step-by-step guidance on making beautiful, textured paintings.
- A set of 12 beautiful original paintings that come together to create a blueprint of hope for the new year!
Plenty of parking on the property.
- Art materials list will be sent to you
Comfy, painty clothes and sturdy shoes.
Beginners and Dabblers in Art
Vendor since 2013
“Life is a big canvas; throw all the paint on it you can!” -D. Kaye
Hi there, I’m Malini, scientist-turned-artist/writer/teacher. I’m delighted you stopped by :) If you’re here because you’ve heard of my unique art workshops for beginners, you're in the right place!
SO ... Is this you?
Have you ever gazed longingly at a beautiful work of abstract art, and thought, “I wish I could do that, but I don’t have a creative bone in my body!” Do you yearn to express your creativity, but you just don’t know how? Are weekly art classes impossible, because you just can’t spare the time? Yes, yes and yes? Well then, things may be about to change for you!
PAINTING FOR BEGINNERS - the ONE DAY INTENSIVE is for...
The ABSOLUTE BEGINNER: You’re the one that’s always been curious about your artistic side, but you haven’t a clue where to begin. Or the one that’s never had the time to attend weekly art classes. Or perhaps it all seems too overwhelming … maybe you feel you’ve left it too late to learn. Hey, I designed this workshop for YOU! In one jam-packed, fun day, you’ll lose that fear of the unknown. And learn absolutely heaps. I’ve got you covered!
The NOW-AND-THEN-DABBLER: So you paint a little. But you love it a lot! And you dream of one day learning how to do it all ‘properly’. Now’s your chance. Use my seven step process to give you some clear structure. Let my intensive but oh-so-fun approach invigorate you. You’ll be painting with more purpose and passion in no time!
I meet hundreds of wonderful, worried, would-be creatives in my workshops.And in just ONE DAY, I fill their hearts and hands with possibilities! It’s an insanely busy day, full of laughs and love, and the beautiful art that emerges is just spectacular. This event that began in my backyard just a few years ago, with five young folk who were keen to learn to paint has now grown into my consuming passion and helped transform the lives of so many people. It is an incredible honour to be part of another’s creative journey, and that delight I witness in my students as they rediscover their creativity… aaah, it makes my heart sing :)
Thank you for your interest in me and my work. It would be my honour to make a difference in your life, and help unlock your creativity!
You have so much joy ahead of you :)
Malini Parker requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Malini Parker to organise a refund or transfer
I lovingly prepare materials for EACH student in advance, so if you can’t make it:
- If there is insufficient time to fill your place, there will be a cancellation fee of 50% of the workshop fee.
- If you cancel at the very last minute due to emergencies or illness, I will pop you into another class with no cancellation fee.
- 'NO SHOWS' (who don't contact me) won't be refunded or re-scheduled!
- But really, I am accommodating and flexible and I WANT you to be there, so just give me enough notice (one week minimum) and I’ll cheerfully re-schedule you into another class. :-)