2 Week - French Wine Course (Sydney)
About This Class
- 8th July 2017 : 11:30-1:30 French Wine Laws, Champagne & Alsatian Wines, 2:00pm – 4:00pm Burgundy
- 15th July 2017: 11:30-1:30 – Loire Valley & Bordeaux, 2:00pm–4:00pm The Rhone Valley North & South, the spirits of Armagnac & Cognac.
- Lunch Provided
What You Will Learn
- French Wine Laws
- Understanding of the wines from the major regions of France
- Detailed guided tastings
What You Get
- Provided with guided wine tastings facilitated by our industry leading staff (minimum 8 wines per session) with lunch
- We taste a over $4000 of premium wines from France
- Detailed notes and maps of the wine regions of France
This course is a great introduction to the greatest wine country in the world. This course looks at the laws and varieties that have made French wine such an integral part of the French culture and leader in the wine world. Many of Frances native grape varieties have become household names in Australia although the complex system of appellation controlee and the use of geographical names makes French wine daunting for many.
This course is a great place to start an adventure into French wine or build upon an existing passion. A French inspired lunch will be provided on each day with the menu items paired perfectly to the French wines tasted.