Adult Class Hand Tempering and Chocolate Making
(+11 more dates)
Learn the art of hand tempering on marble, a traditional french technique. You will make a chocolate bar, moulded chocolate, chocolate lollypops with artwork & freckles!
Everyone leaves with a certificate as well as a sample bag of items made on the day.
We require a minimum number of 6 participants to run the class. Should there not be sufficient numbers the week prior to the class date, we will contact you to reschedule your booking. The class runs for 1.5 hours.
This can be held as a PRIVATE class just for your family and friends or work group for 6 or more delegates at no extra charge. Please call Rebecca Monday - Friday on 0414701477 to book a private date of your choice.
Please note this class uses MILK chocolate. (If you book a private class of 6 friends you can chose other options)
COVID-19 SCREENING AGREEMENT
BY BOOKING A DATE AT THE SYDNEY CHOCOLATE SCHOOL YOU ARE AGREEING AND UNDERSTAND THE BELOW FOR YOU (AND YOUR GUESTS WHERE APPLICABLE)
Please note the below/ attached in line with our COVID-19 obligations
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY TO THE SYDNEY CHOCOLATE SCHOOL
To protect the health and wellbeing of our workplace and assist in the containment of COVID-19, the following conditions of entry apply to all visitors and party/event guests in this building:
- You are currently not unwell (including cough, cold, or flu like symptoms, shortness of breath, loss of sense of taste/ smell, dry cough, runny nose, sore throat).
- You are not ‘suspected’ or ‘confirmed’ as having COVID-19.
- You haven’t been in close contact with a person who is suspected or confirmed as having COVID-19.
- You have not travelled overseas or to Victoria in the last 30 days
- Ensure you wash and sterilise your hands at the outdoor toilet facilities at The Sydney Chocolate School before entering the building
- Only bring necessary items
- Bring your own face mask
- Attend your class with an apron, hair tied firmly back and own face mask if you have one (gloves will be provided and mask if necessary will be provided. Aprons are available for sale for $45)
- If raining, wait in car until 5 minutes before your class appointed time. Otherwise outdoor seating is provided until your class appointed time.
- Avoid touching common surfaces and do not touch packaging or chocolate stock unless purchasing.
- Have your temperature taken upon entry to The Sydney Chocolate School
- Contact The Sydney Chocolate School if you have any symptoms within two weeks following your school
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT
- By attending your class/event, that all information above applies to you (and your guest/s) and is true and correct
- a $15pp administration fee will be charged for any request of date change
- The Sydney Chocolate School will do everything possible to minimise the spread of Covid-19 but will not be held responsible if you should contract Covid-19
- Maintaining a social distance of 1.5 metres may NOT be possible during class but distance yourself where possible
- Your details are recorded and kept for 28 days for the purpose of contact tracing BEFORE your class on booking. It is your responsibility to email The Sydney Chocolate School a guest/ replacement person’s details to firstname.lastname@example.org if applicable
- Your class may be postponed/ rescheduled if necessary
- If you are not feeling well, The Sydney Chocolate School requires 24HRS notice, otherwise your class is forfeited. Classes cannot be cancelled on the day under any circumstances.
If you cannot agree full to the above, we kindly ask you to contact the Sydney Chocolate School to adjust your guest list or date.
The bus services operating to North Head Sanctuary, Manly and the precincts of Headland Park, Mosman have changed.
Headland park, Mosman
The 244 (Wynyard to Headland Park) bus service has been replaced by the new 111 service, which operates between Chowder Bay and South Mosman Wharf every 30 minutes, seven days a week.
People wishing to travel to Headland Park from the CBD will need to board the new 100 service QVB to Taronga Zoo, alight at Mosman Junction and transfer to the 111 service to complete their journey.
For travel back to the city, board the 111 service at Headland Park, alight from the at Mosman Junction and transfer to the 100 service. The 100 service operates from early morning until midnight, seven days a week. It runs every ten minutes during the day and every 20 minutes during early morning and late night.
North Head Sanctuary, Manly
The 135 bus service (Warringah Mall to North Head) has been replaced by the 161 service, which operates from Manly to North Head.
What you will learn
- How to hand temper on marble
- How to make a chocolate bar, moulded chocolate, chocolate lollypops with artwork & freckles!
What you will get
- A certificate
- A goody bag
What to bring
- Flat, non-slip, closed shoes (No high heels or open toed shoes!)
- An apron and face mask (gloves provided)
- If you have long hair, please tie it back
- Money for parking if you are arriving by car
What to wear
everyone over 16 years
NSW Discover and Parent Vouchers
The Sydney Chocolate School will contact you for your unique voucher code and refund your discount in 3-5 days to the same card used.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
You may cancel anytime before class starts and claim a full refund or transfer or credit note.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
ACCIDENT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY CLAUSE
Name of Event: Sydney Chocolate School
Property addresses: The Sydney Chocolate School & Coco Chocolate Studio - Building 21, 1110 Middle Head Rd, Mosman
I HEREBY ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING AND/OR VOLUNTEERING IN THIS ACTIVITY OR EVENT, including by way of example and not limitation, any risks that may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by them, or because of their possible liability without fault. I certify that there are no health-related reasons or problems which preclude my participation in this event. I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form will be used by Rebecca Kerswell and staff employed by The Sydney Chocolate School and Coco Chocolate for the event in which I may participate, and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at said activity or event. In consideration of my application and permitting me to participate in this event, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows:(A) I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of the entities or persons released, for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may hereafter occur to me on sites including my travelling to and from events/ tasks involved in the event, THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: Rebecca Kerswell and any staff employed by The Sydney Chocolate School and Coco Chocolate(B) I INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE the entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of participation in this event, whether caused by the negligence of release or otherwise. I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during this activity or event. The accident waiver and release of liability shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
By booking this class, you automatically agree to the full Terms and Conditions contained within this ACCIDENT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY CLAUSE and also agree to allow images taken at your party to be published by Coco Chocolate/The Sydney Chocolate School.