Pattern Design: A beautiful flattering and easy to wear top that can easily be adjusted to varying lengths. Our pattern features a flowing gathered bodice that connects onto a flat yoke. The neckline is finished with bias binding and an opening at the back neck is closed with pretty ties. Students will also learn how to set in the short sleeves.
Our patterns cover bust measurements from 75cm to 107cm, however this pattern has a lot of fit ease and the finished bust measurement of the largest pattern is 128cm. Please email us if your bust measurement is outside the range and we will grade a pattern ready for your workshop.
Photographed Sample: Features a contrasting centre front. The patterned fabric is a woven cotton poplin. The pink has an ombre die and is a sheer crepe chine - it is so sheer, that it has been mounted on a silk organza. The binding is a vintage cotton pre-made in pink and 1.2cm wide.
Styling Ideas & Notes On Supplies: You have several styling options that will make this one pattern enough to fill a wardrobe;
- You could select one fabric for the sleeves, yokes and blouse main, then your binding could match or contrast.
- Do you have a favourite remnant that hasn't been big enough for any other projects yet? Feature it or a special fabric in the sleeves and yoke, then choose a complimentary fabric for the blouse main. The binding could pick out highlights of the feature fabric.
- Optional - make your own binding as homework between the two workshops - purchase a further .5metres of woven fabric for this.
Fabric suggestions - this top will work in almost any light or medium weight woven fabric with drape. This class is not suitable for knit fabrics. This pattern does not include a lining, take this into consideration when choosing your fabrics and avoid scratchy/itchy or see through material. For directional prints, large prints and fabrics with nap you should purchase extra fabric. For best results - pre-wash your fabric to reduce shrinkage.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Thread Den VIP Member's Pricing
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the discount - click here to read more.
Bookings and Cancellations Policy – Click Here
Prices are subject to change and Member Discounts are applicable to class prices that are not already discounted or bundled).
Six hours in duration. Next scheduled on two Wednesday evenings 30th August and 6th September from 6pm.
- Bust measurement, pattern markings, placement, transferring markings and cutting out
- Finishing seams and hemming to achieve professional results
- Gathering, how to set in sleeves and sewing with bias binding
- A flattering top
- Instructions to make the top
- A copy of your pattern
- Sewing machine thread complimentary to the main blouse fabric
- Sewing machine thread complimentary to your choice of bias binding
- 1 metre of 2.5cm wide bias binding
- 2 metres of fabric (or 1.5 metres for bolt width 145cm+) in a light weight woven with beautiful drape
- .4 metres of complimentary fabric for sleeve & yokes in a light weight woven
✄ for students who have completed Sewing Basics
Vendor sincce 2013
Have you played with the idea of learning to sew? Do you day dream about making your own clothes?
At Thread Den it's just like a friend (a super nice clever one) teaching you and a few friends to sew. There is no need to clear off a space and find somewhere to work at home. When you come in; take advantage of having all the equipment on hand, lovely big cutting tables, smooth running Janomes with plenty of feet accessories, inspiring resources, and friendly people to chat to. Everything is right here. Students simply need to bring along their fabric, matching thread and notions like buttons, zips, etc. Your teachers have years of experience, their own labels and businesses, and the desire to share their skills and craftsmanship with you.
Thread Den is located at Level 1, 329 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy. Start at the very beginning, take your skills to the next level, or find your own unique style.
Bookings and Cancellations Policy Link - http://www.threadden.com/_pages/bookings_cancellations.html
Want to receive our lovely emails? You should join our mailing list. There is an easy sign up box on the homepage of our website.
On occasion, Thread Den is forced to cancel a class due to low booking numbers. We really don't like to do this as we love to teach people to sew, knit and crochet, but if we don't cover our costs we can't run the class. In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
Cancellations of Bookings Policy
- If you provide notice seven or more days prior to the start of your course, you will need to pay an administration fee of $10.
- Cancellations or changes made with less than seven days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 50% of the paid class fee.
- Cancellations or changes made less than 48 hours prior to class commencement will forfeit the full course fee paid.
If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you cannot be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Sewing Lounge during hours so you hopefully still finish your project.
Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
Classes at Thread Den frequently become fully booked, so we require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place.
Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the store in cash, EFT or credit card or even via credit card over the phone.
Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
Thank you for reading all the details.