Intro to Vintage Hair & Make-up 💋
(Private Dates Available)
This December, join vintage stylist Miss Lee for the opportunity to learn how to create your own timeless look.
The bold lip, winged eyeliner, and perfect flawless base... are all elements of the iconic pin-up look! Pump up the volume and make your hair take on the beautiful waves of 1950s retro hairstyles.
During this 4-hour special event workshop participants will:
- learn to use hot rollers and put your hair in a brick set,
- discover the best tools and supplies for the job,
- creating the brow, winged eyeliner and gorgeous eyes,
- putting on luscious voluminous lips, plus cheeks and beauty spots,
- how do you brush out your set and style big beautiful waves.
Miss Lee is bringing the Christmas Cheer with a glass of bubbles for participants. Why not get a friend or two together for this event and enjoy something a little bit special for a Christmas get-together?
What you will learn
- the right tools and supplies for the job,
- creating the brow, winged eyebrow and gorgeous eyes, and a flawless base,
- luscious voluminous lips, and cheeks and beauty spots.
What you will get
- By then end of this workshop students will be able to create a full shaped brow, learn the technique to winged eyeliner, apply foundation, powder, mascara (optional - apply false lashes), blush, shape and colour bold lips and find out - what does your beauty spot say about you?
- 3 hours of fun!
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
What to bring
- We'll let you know what to prepare in your confirmation email what make-up you'll need.
What to wear
Wear something utterly gorgeous...
Vintage vixens, retro lovers & anyone who wants to build their confidence.
Learn to sew, craft and create with Thread Den.
Located on Melbourne's vibrant Brunswick Street, in Fitzroy. At Thread Den you can start at the very beginning, take your skills to the next level, and find your own unique style.
At Thread Den it's just like a friend (a super nice clever one) teaching you and a few friends to sew, craft and create. When you come in; take advantage of having all the equipment on hand, lovely big cutting tables, smooth running Janomes with plenty of feet accessories, inspiring resources, and friendly people to chat to.
Your teachers have years of experience, their own labels and businesses, and the desire to share their skills and craftsmanship with you.
Want to receive our lovely emails? You should join our mailing list. Click here to sign-up.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A refund can be requested 1 day before class starts. An admin fee of AU$35.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested 4 days before the class starts. An admin fee of AU$10.00 applies.
- A credit note can be requested 4 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Taking part in a workshop at Thread Den is fun and we love teaching people our craft, but here we have to get serious for a moment:
It is your responsibility to clear your diary for the booking you've made - especially if there are multiple sessions in your course. If you want to finish your project(s), you need to attend all workshops. You'll also need to arrive on time. We can't start again because it just isn't fair to your fellow participants.
Allow us this indulgence for a second, our workshops and courses - are usually sold out weeks in advance. It isn't a quick switch to pop you into another workshop. If we have an appropriate session where you can attend to keep going, we will try to offer you a discounted space. If that isn't possible, you will need to book a private lesson to stay on track (the minimum cost is NM -$144 or M -$119.52).
We also won't follow you up to check that you are coming along to class and/or that you have the right supplies for your class. Almost every workshop will require you to bring along your supplies, for some workshops we sell a supplies kit at an additional cost - but not for all. If you are unsure about what you need, just shoot us an email - email@example.com . We also want you to learn and love what you make as much as possible, please carefully consider the fabrics we recommend that you use. If you choose a fabric that is suited to a more advanced level you aren't going to enjoy your experience.
We've tried to answer any questions you could have in the workshop description, but again, don't hesitate to email us for any further details or with any queries. We loooove to see that fabric you are thinking of using and sending you off to some of our favourite fabric and habby suppliers.
Thanks for sticking with us and reading through those annoying details.
The details of our refund policy appear during the booking process.
- If you are required to isolate, with the supply of a medical certificate or COVID-19 testing referral covering the date of your workshop, you will be able to transfer your booking without incurring any penalties.
- Your safety is our priority, we reserve the right to make decisions if necessary to preserve the safety of all.
- In the event of a medical emergency, we may have to seek ambulance services on your behalf and at your expense.
- Classes are subject to sufficient enrolment numbers (usually this is 3 participants).
- We reserve the right to cancel any scheduled course.
This policy can be viewed on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/