How to Nurture Creativity in Children
How can we nurture and take advantage of our children's individual creative abilities from preschool through to senior schooling?
The answer to this is the objective of this program. To lay out the science, not only appreciate our creative potential but to give us all the motivation and the tools to obtain a creative advantage in all aspects of life. By broadening the applicability of creativity and recognising how it can elevate us both personally and professionally, we can start to realise the enormous reach we can have as parents, mentors and educators.
This is a self paced course that you can do in your own time.
This online program is designed as a self-paced format and includes:
- Just over one hour of video,
- a Program Booklet (36 pages) that includes a comprehensive summary of each video transcript, source references and additional resources, and a reflective activity.
This online program covers:
The Role of Parents, Educators and Mentors including:
- Develop creative thinking skills through reading
- Encouraging group creativity
- Freedom to decide
- Child-centred environments
- How to create innovators
- The role of mentors
The Power of Play exploring:
- What is play?
- Do devices fuel or stunt creativity?
Transitioning from Home to School including:
- Developing creative capacity in your children
- Cultivating classroom creativity
- Has Finland designed the perfect education system?
Reflective Activity that explores where can you have the most influence to create an advantage?
- As parents, teachers and mentors
- When seeking preschool and primary schools for children, and
- When seeking a senior school experience.
Bonus offer - more about the Foursight Creative Thinking Profile
About the Program Creator and Facilitator:
Maria Simonelli is a creative catalyst and passionate about encouraging others to dive into the power of their creative potential.
As an author, educator and artist, Maria has spent her life building creative capacity across business and community that results in real and positive change.
With qualifications in education, science, research, visual arts and neuroscience, she combines these disciplines to support individuals and organisations to develop their creative skillsets, by identifying and creating the conditions that enhance creativity.
What you will learn
- This program explores how we can utilise creativity to proactively enhance a child's creativity from the early years, schooling and further education.
- The role that parents, educators and mentors play in developing critical thinking skills through reading, encouraging group based creativity and child centered environments.
- The specific role mentors can play to enhance creativity in children; The power of play to enhance creativity; and Transitioning children from home to school to develop their creative capacity.
What you will get
- 1 hour video
- A Program Booklet that includes a comprehensive summary of each video transcript, source references, additional resources, and a reflective activity.
What to bring
- Your interest to learn!
What to wear
No lab coat needed - Just come casual
No prerequisites, just a keen interest in creativity, education, and contemporary science.
The Creative Catalyst has an average rating of 5.0 for their other classes.See other reviews
- Refund and transfer requests.
For all Online-Zoom/ Face to face programs, refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 14 days of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, The Creative Catalyst requires at least 15 days notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise. Refunds will not be provided for on demand products once these have been shipped.
- Partial refunds. The Creative Catalyst has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. The Creative Catalyst does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with The Creative Catalyst to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by The Creative Catalyst, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at The Creative Catalyst or organised by The Creative Catalyst must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by The Creative Catalyst
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give The Creative Catalyst unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at The Creative Catalyst classes and events or on The Creative Catalyst premises. (For use of The Creative Catalyst marketing materials).
The Creative Catalyst requires 14 days notice in writing prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
In the event that a class is cancelled by The Creative Catalyst, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.