Zero-Waste Cooking & Sustainability
Online Delivery / Starting Friday May 15
Our online course combines practical cooking demonstrations on how to cook without waste with investigations into the stages and resources involved in getting food from the paddock to our plates. You'll be invited to cook along with our highly skilled chef.
- The food supply chain -mapping and food waste
- Climate change and food systems
- The role of water within the food system
- How to be a sustainable, affordable and healthy food shopper
- Zero waste cooking - How to get the most out of your ingredients
- Exploring global food trade and Australia’s food industries
- Practical tips on how to manage household waste
Upon successfully completion you gain:
- Zero waste recipe cards
- Statement of participation
The course is fully funded for eligible participants.
Eligibility: Australian citizen / permanent resident/ NZ passport holder and must be a Centrelink concession card holder and not enrolled in mainstream secondary school.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Please submit your expression of interest through WeTeachMe, Our course coordinator will be in touch to confirm enrollment.
The course will be delivered through the free online video platform, Zoom. There are no Zoom sign-up fees to attend training.
7 sessions ( 3 and half hour each )
- internet access
- a computer, tablet or iPad with audio and video functions
The weekly course will include cooking classes, in which participants receive recipe cards and are invited to cook along in their own kitchen while watching the trainer's step-by-step demonstrations. As well as classroom sessions, featuring partner activities and group discussions.
- Zero-waste cooking skills and sustainable food shopping
- Understanding food waste, within the household and supply chain
- Exploring how climate change will impact the food system and sustainable solutions
- Easy to use resources on living more sustainably
- Recipe cards for base recipes that can be adapted to personal tastes and seasonal produce
- Ingredients and basic kitchen utensils for following along cooking demonstrations
- A computer or tablet, with internet access, audio and video functions
- A note book and pens for activities
Must hold a concession card and not be enrolled in mainstream secondary school to be eligible to enroll in this government funded course
Vendor since 2018
Jesuit Community College provides people with real skills for life, learning and work.
It draws on the rich tradition of Jesuit education committed to ‘care of the whole person’ and development of active and informed citizens.
Through our College, we help individuals, and by extension their families and communities, reach their full potential.
Jesuit Community College requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Jesuit Community College to organise a refund or transfer
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Jesuit Community College or organised by Jesuit Community College must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Jesuit Community College.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Jesuit Community College unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Jesuit Community College classes and events or on Jesuit Community College's premises. (For use of Jesuit Community College marketing materials).
Jesuit Community College requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.