The outcome of this course is for each student to gain the skills in basic and bridal makeup artistry.
We will begin by looking at the classics , then build upon these looks into bridal.
Students will also gain technical and practical skills to work as a professional makeup artst on the Bridal Industry.
Industry knowledge will also be shared as well recommendations on the best products, an insight into social media and how to best use it to create a public profile as well as nailing a brief and the importance of timing.
At the end of the course, each student will be provided with a certificate and a written reference.
- Organising and maintaining an effecient work area
- The skin - prepping the skin, identifying different skin types, preparing the skin for makeup application
- Products, tools and equipment for make-up
- The Base - foundation textures, mixing products, HD
- Colour Theory - the neutrals, colour, different textures
- Corrective make-up
- The Natural brideFalse lash application - full set , individual, layering, different lash looks
- Smokey eyes
- Bridesmaids makeup and flowergirls
- Mature makeup - mother of the bride, grandmothers
- The importance of balance for photography
- The Sunkissed Bride
- The trial - working to a brief (hair, dress, bridesmaids, the theme) , importance of timing
- The Bridal contract -protecting yourself, making sure you get paid
- Getting yourself out there - Social media , your website, tfp work , networking
- The Kit - pro products vs commercial products
- The Vixen look - perfecting winged eyeliner and red lips
- The Smokey Eye
- Asian makeup application
Course Duration: 10 weeks at 3 hours per week
Cost: $1000.00 (Payment plans avaialable)
- Gain technical and practical skills to work as a professional makeup artst on the Bridal Industry.
- Certificate of completion and a written reference upon completion*
- Just bring yourself. Everything is supplied for you!
Vendor sincce 2014
A career that spans 16 years Rachael's wide ranging makeup + hair experience has seen her working for brands such as Estee Lauder & M.A.C. She has also assisted makeup artists from Nars, Stila, Vincent Longo & Becca Cosmetics. As well as being a trainer for one of Melbourne's most successful makeup schools Makeup Artist's & Co, Rachael has also worked on shows for leading Australian designers such as Nicola Finetti, Wayne Cooper, Sass and Bide , Tina Kalivas whilst past clients also include Australian media personalities.
Published work includes Melbourne Wedding and Bride Magazine, En Vie Magazine , The Herald- Sun and The Age. Today, Rachael works regularly alongside some of Melbourne's best photographers and up & coming fashion labels and stylists.
Her work is strongly influenced by her background in Art & Design. Makeup satisfies her love and passion for working with coloured mediums whilst the tactile nature of hair expresses her passion for sculpture.
Makeup + Hair has always been a part of Rachael's life. As a little girl she has fond memories of watching her mum's makeup + hair routine. She even allowed her older sister to undercut her hair in her quest to look like Cyndi Lauper! And that mesmerising moment was when she saw herself with black eyeliner in the inner rims of her eyes for the first times signified the beginning of her lifelong passion with the transforming qualities of makeup + hair.
As a local to the Mornington Peninsula, Rachael is available for Freelance Makeup + Hair, Bridal Freelance Makeup + Hair and one-on-one Makeup Lessons.