Advanced Wheel Course - Tuesday evening - 8 weeks
This is an intermediate level / advanced class, suited to students who have completed at least 2 terms with Sarah or have equivalent experience. This class encourages individual development and exploration where students will build on their skills exploring more developed forms. Demonstrations will be given as well as individual tuition to students. Students will have the opportunity to glaze their work through out the term.
- 1 x 10kg bag of stoneware clay (additional ‘studio’ clay is available at $8 per kilo)
- Tools, firing.
Tutor: Sarah Schembri
When: Tuesday & Wednesday evenings
Duration: 2.5 hours / x 8 classes
Experience: Intermediate / advanced*
Bring: An apron and towel
Wear: Clothes that can get dirty – this class is hands on. Closed shoes are essential
Collection of work: Students will be emailed when their work is ready for collection (all work must be collected within 2 weeks)
Cost: $510 (prior to booking please read the terms & conditions for term classes / courses)
*Not sure this class is right for you? Contact Sarah to discuss - email@example.com - 0414 377397
What you will learn
- How to centre clay to make basic forms such as cylinders and bowls
- How to expand & develop throwing skills (intermediate level)
- Glazing skills
What you will get
- A set of your creations made on the day. Students will be notified once work has been glazed and ready to collect.
- Tea & Coffee.
Please also note, that if you are driving you cannot park on Kent St as it’s permit only, try St David St or Moor St.
What to bring
- Please bring a towel and an apron to each class.
What to wear
Clothes that can get dirty – this class is hands on. Closed shoes are essential.
Must have previous wheel experience and be comfortable working on your own. One on one tuition is given to all students.
Sarah Schembri is a Melbourne Ceramic Artist who is passionate about creating functional, tactile and visually appealing ceramics, particularly tableware. Being a lover of cooking and food in general, she is most interested in making pieces that are a pleasure to use in the home, pieces which are not only visually appealing but also functional & tactile.
“There is something quite special about using pieces that are handmade - the experience and food taste better. This is a feeling that I think about when I'm creating, it's part of the experience I want to share with others.” - Sarah
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 14 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- A transfer can be requested 2 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 14 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Got a question? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org