Individual Songwriting Lessons at The House of Voice
All Songwriting lessons are taken under the guidance of Phoebe Baker: co-frontwoman, vocalist, and songwriter of Melbourne-based indie-pop band ALPINE. Signed to Ivy League Records in Australia and Votiv in North America, the band has released the EP ‘Zurich’ (2010) and the albums ‘A Is For Alpine’ (2012) and ‘Yuck’ (2015). Alpine’s music has appeared on Triple J’s Hottest 100 and has had over 19 million views on Youtube with their albums topping the iTunes charts and reaching top 20 of the ARIA charts. Featuring in Rolling Stone and touted similarly by Guardian, Time and Vice magazines in the US,. Alpine have also appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Show US and headlined for festivals around the country, including St Jeromes Laneway Festival and Falls Festival.
For Beginners and Intermediate songwriters alike, there is never a dull moment in Phoebe's classes, Phoebe helps students find and strengthen their individual musical voice whilst exploring classic and new songwriting processes.
Lessons are fun, informative and confidence building, Phoebe expands students songwriting horizons, equipping students with important tools to develop their musicianship and knowledge of songwriting.
Songwriting classes with Phoebe cover:
- How to write lyrics
- How to add music to lyrics
- How to write the perfect hook
- How to write music either via your live instrument or music production programs
- How to use and program in Garageband, Abelton, Pro tools and Logic
- How to arrange in Garageband, Abelton, Pro tools, Logic and Sibelius
- How to play your music live using DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)
- How to record, mix and master
- How to overcome writers block
- Performance of your songs
- And much more.....
If students play guitar or piano, songwriting lessons can utilize these instruments for songwriting as well as integrating instruments via DAW programs such as Garageband, Abelton, Pro tools and Logic.
If students do not play an instrument, this is ok too. Phoebe will guide students in how to write music through programing in Garageband, Abelton, Pro tools and Logic.
Songwriting classes leads to your development:
Student's learn to write, compose and produce their own music, working towards completing their very own song (or E.P) either as an in-house or external studio recording. With opportunities to perform songs live in concert. Through lessons with Phoebe, students will learn to explore, reflect and celebrate their input into the wonderful world of music!
Where are Songwriting lessons held?
Songwriting lessons are brought to you by The House of Voice Hughesdale, a singing school which develops vocalists to become the best they can be!
Offering services such as vocal lessons, vocal coaching, instrumental lessons for singers and artist development for all ages, styles and backgrounds for both Beginner to Professional.
THE HOUSE OF VOICE boasts many student successes from preparing singers up to lead roles for major musicals including the latest production of Les Miserable to training vocalists up to being signed to international record deals on major tours including SXSW. THE HOUSE OF VOICE is extremely proud of its training philosophy with a high distinction/distinction AMEB standard year in and year out – alongside VCE students marking 95% in end of year practicals – the training speaks for itself!
Who is Songwriting Classes for?
- All Ages
- All Levels - Complete Beginner to Intermediate
- Specialised Individual Group Songwriting Lessons for Corporate/Schools (Available)
- Students who wish to learn/develop Songwriting Skills
- Students wishing to equip themselves with Musicianship & Theory relating to Songwriting
- Students wishing to develop their music and artistry
- How to create effective hooks, chord progressions and melodies
- How to write songs using DAW’s eg. Garage Band, Ableton, Logic and Pro Tools
- How to uncover your individual voice in songwriting
- Expert tuition, education and mentoring
- Knowledge and tools to improve immediately
- An in-house recording of your songs
- Performance experience, should you choose to perform song/s live
- Your enthusiasm to learn!
- Notebook / Plastic Folder.
- Recording Devices, iPad, Laptop (if you own) and USB.
All ages and all styles
Vendor since 2015
Welcome to the House of Voice, we are a Melbourne based singing studio led by vocal coach Alisha Gartland.￼The House of Voice provides fully qualified and specialist training for all singers from complete beginner to professional. We align singers to their true voice through holistic and specialist methods that are unique to The House of Voice.
If you can speak you can sing, and at the House of Voice we train all aspects of a singers mind, body and awareness so that your sound encompasses your entire vocal and artistic potential. The House of Voice also allows you to further your skills not only as a singer but as an artist and musician and share this in performance and development opportunities offered by The House of Voice.
To learn more about our studio based singing lessons, performance opportunities and artist development within the areas of Hughesdale, Carnegie, Caulfield, Brighton, Bentleigh, Malvern, Oakleigh, Glenhuntly, Ormond, McKinnon, Murrumbeena, Chadstone and Clayton and beyond, explore our pages to the left