This MASTER CLASS is designed for actors who have already achieved a mastery of The Rehearsal Room acting process and are looking for bigger challenges that will take their skills to the highest of professional standards. Positions in this workshop are offered to those who have excelled at previous workshops at The Rehearsal Room.
What you will learn
- Actors will be challenged by exercises that add extra elements to the scene essentials to gain professional experience at working at a VERY high level
- Build skills that deliver performance outcomes that have international status
- Learn to add strong character and accent components while remaining totally believable
What you will get
- The scenes and rehearsals can be recorded so you can assess your improvement
- Direct but supportive feedback that has you growing quickly
- Be challenged by new techniques that deliver sophisticated refinements to your performance skills
- Learn to standout from the crowd
- Work on a new scene each week - learning to work at a professional pace
- Understand how to contribute to the whole production
- And be in charge of your professional conversations
What to bring
- Actors in the MASTER CLASS provide their own scenes.
What to wear
This workshop is only open to actors who have previous MASTER CLASS experience at The Rehearsal Room.
Vendor since 2017
The Rehearsal Room is run by TV Director Richard Sarell who directed television drama for more than 25 years. During that time, he evolved an approach to acting that trains actors in techniques that enable them to compete and survive in the modern world of screen performance.
The techniques are based on simple principles that quickly produce professional results. They enable the actor to create complex real characters that are perfect for the screen but are also relevant for the stage. These classes enable actors to make choices that drive the character's interactions in a way that generates a compelling dramatic performance. The actors skill is to engage an audience because they feel they are watching a real life interaction. These classes provide the tools to deliver those outcomes.
Richard has been conducting workshops for professional actors in Australia and New Zealand for two decades, working with institutions such as the Australian Film, Television and Radio School (AFTRS), Australian Screen Directors Association (ASDA), National Theatre Drama School, Federation University and the Victorian College of the Arts (VCA).
The Rehearsal Room has an average rating of 5.0 for their other classes.See other reviews
100% Money back guarantee if you feel it is not working for you by Week 5. Thereafter no refunds are available. However, your payment may be able to be transferred to another or future class if a suitable one is available.
Terms & Conditions
The Rehearsal Room provides a supportive environment to enable you to learn quickly and make clear progress. If you have to miss a class it might be possible for you to come an hour earlier for the next week's session to catch you up on the theory that you have missed. Two free one hour catch up sessions are included in your term fee. After that you may have to pay for a private catch up lesson at $125 per hour. Early notification if you can't attend a class is always helpful. That way we can plan ahead.
Please check the refund policy for details of your 100% money back guarantee.