Why would you Sew with a Pro?
- You can make a garment but we can teach you how to handle the fiddly bits!
- You want to put in place a regular tution program tailored to your own needs!
- You are ready to take on a super challenging new project!
- Something went wrong and you want know if you can get back on track!
- You've got a specific project you want to take on with the support of a teacher!
- Saw something gorgeous and you want to try to make it yourself!
About our teachers:
- Jenni teaches almost all of the project and drafting classes and has a particular skill and interest with costuming. She is a fun and thorough teacher, providing lots of explanations and entertainment! Jenni also has her own business - MyBestFriendJen
- Haylee, has her own label Evie Black and extensive skills working with leather as well as dressmaking and sewing.
- Laura, is obsessed with vintage fashion, vintage sewing and couture techniques. Laura is also skilled in working with knit fabrics, recycled leather from her experience with her label Mina + Oli. Laura is also a crochet addict and crazy cat lady.
- Dan, is the boss lady at Thread Den. She is a "can do" type person, who believes that anything can be fixed. She's also another crazy cat lady and French Bulldog guardian. Keen on mid-century fashion, sewing with knits and is also called the "overlocker whisperer".
Sounds like our Sew with a Pro Clinics are the way to go?
These three hour clincs are scheduled fortnightly (and if you want them we'll make them weekly!). If you've thought about private tutition but the cost is a little out of your reach, this is a cost effective way to work at your own pace. With a maximum of four people in the clinic, your teacher will be able to create a plan of attack just for you and teach you specific skills and techniques.
Grab the project you've been planning to create and make it happen with the added guidance you need from a Thread Den Sewing Pro. You can book in for just one session or come to multiple sessions to complete your project in your time, at your pace. Thread Den provides the studio space, use of our machines and equipment and a skilled professional sewer to offer guidance, but please bring ALL the materials you need for your project. Session fee does not include Thread Den materials.
Thread Den VIP Member's Pricing
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the Member's Discount - click here to read more.
Bookings and Cancellations Policy – Click Here
Prices are subject to change and Member Discounts are applicable to class prices that are not already discounted or bundled).
- The skills you want, when you want
- Improve your technique
- Problem solving when things don't go to plan
- Tuition tailored to your project
- A small class of 4 students
- ALL the materials you need for your project
Students who have completed Sewing Basics Weeks 1-3 or know how to thread and use a sewing machine
Thursday 24th August = Danielle
Tuesday 26th September = Jenni
Saturday 21st October = Haylee
Vendor sincce 2013
Have you played with the idea of learning to sew? Do you day dream about making your own clothes?
At Thread Den it's just like a friend (a super nice clever one) teaching you and a few friends to sew. There is no need to clear off a space and find somewhere to work at home. When you come in; take advantage of having all the equipment on hand, lovely big cutting tables, smooth running Janomes with plenty of feet accessories, inspiring resources, and friendly people to chat to. Everything is right here. Students simply need to bring along their fabric, matching thread and notions like buttons, zips, etc. Your teachers have years of experience, their own labels and businesses, and the desire to share their skills and craftsmanship with you.
Thread Den is located at Level 1, 329 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy. Start at the very beginning, take your skills to the next level, or find your own unique style.
Bookings and Cancellations Policy Link - http://www.threadden.com/_pages/bookings_cancellations.html
Want to receive our lovely emails? You should join our mailing list. There is an easy sign up box on the homepage of our website.
On occasion, Thread Den is forced to cancel a class due to low booking numbers. We really don't like to do this as we love to teach people to sew, knit and crochet, but if we don't cover our costs we can't run the class. In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
Cancellations of Bookings Policy
- If you provide notice seven or more days prior to the start of your course, you will need to pay an administration fee of $10.
- Cancellations or changes made with less than seven days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 50% of the paid class fee.
- Cancellations or changes made less than 48 hours prior to class commencement will forfeit the full course fee paid.
If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you cannot be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Sewing Lounge during hours so you hopefully still finish your project.
Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
Classes at Thread Den frequently become fully booked, so we require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place.
Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the store in cash, EFT or credit card or even via credit card over the phone.
Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
Thank you for reading all the details.