Geometric Basic Square Cake Class (Clarence Gardens, SA)
About This Class
What You Will Learn
- Learn how to level/torte and ganache a square cake to prepare for sharp edges
- Learn how to cover a square cake in fondant with sharp edges
- How to make geometric shapes, apply metallic finishes and secure these in place.
What You Get
- This fashionable Geometric Square Cake to take home
- Printed class notes so that you can re-create your cake or your own designs at home.
This basic square class will introduce students to making clean and simple finished cakes and teach you all the skills and techniques needed to create a "Geometric" themed cake finished with a metallic accents.
Other Learning Outcomes
- How to torte, level and fill your square cake
- How to mask a square cake in ganache using the ‘lid’ method and achieve a sharp finish
- How to knead, roll out and apply fondant to a cake
- How to use Barco Dusts to make metallic paint
- How to use simple Geometric shapes to create a Art Deco inspired design.