Animals, angels and wonderful creatures – let your imagination run wild as you make your own soft toy inspired by the colourful world of Mirka Mora! Join Andrea Sherburn and Fran Hyde for a fun and hands-on workshop, perfect for occupying young minds over the winter school holidays!
Both Andrea and Fran are passionate about supporting and facilitating creativity and self-expression through art. Having met Mirka Mora and attended her doll-making workshops many years ago, this duo will bring some of that Mirka-inspired magic to the proceedings – a perfect school holiday activity for the young and young at heart!
This class is suitable for children aged 5 to 14. Children under 10 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
What you will learn
- Discover the beautiful art of Mirka Mora
- Be inspired to create your own unique character
- Guided by experienced teachers, assemble a beautiful doll that's yours to keep!
What you will get
- All doll-making materials provided
- Students get to take home their masterpiece
- The class is facilitated by art teachers and educators Andrea Sherburn and Fran Hyde
What to bring
- Just your enthusiasm!
What to wear
Casual comfortable clothing
Children aged 10+ years
Vendor since 2021
At the Jewish Museum of Australia, we illuminate Jewish life. Our short courses and programs allow learners of all ages to discover more about themselves, their culture and world. In celebration of our flagship exhibition MIRKA, we are thrilled to offer a range of learning activities inspired by the life and art of the French-Australian artist Mirka Mora.
To see our full list of programs and events, click here.
- Refund and transfer requests. Refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 48 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, Jewish Museum of Australia requires at least 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email email@example.com to organise.
- Partial refunds. Jewish Museum of Australia has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. Jewish Museum of Australia does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with Jewish Museum of Australia to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Jewish Museum of Australia, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Jewish Museum of Australia or organised by Jewish Museum of Australia must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Jewish Museum of Australia
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Jewish Museum of Australia unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Jewish Museum of Australia classes and events or on Jewish Museum of Australia premises. (For use of Jewish Museum of Australia marketing materials).
Jewish Museum of Australia requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Jewish Museum of Australia, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.