The Prince Wine Store Introductory Wine Course has been developed in order to teach interested consumers, amateurs and industry beginners about the various aspects of wine, simply and informally.
While the course covers topics such as basic wine history, wine making, great wine regions of the world and the buying and storing of wine, a 'hands on' approach remains the primary focus of the course syllabus, with significant time spent tasting and discussing wine from all corners of the globe! Tutors: Sebastian Zotti, Roscoe Halligan, Myles Thomson.
Course Structure: Four two-hour sessions: Thursday evenings, 6-8pm at the Prince Wine Store South Melbourne.
- Week One: Wine in a nutshell
- Week Two: The Major red Varieties and Australian Wine Regions
- Week Three: Wine Production - What Happens?
- Week Four: A Global Perspective
MARCH 9/3, 16/3, 23/3 and 30/3
MAY 10/5, 17/5, 24/5 and 31/5
JULY 4/7, 11/7, 18/7 and 25/7
NOVEMBER 14/11, 21/11, 28/11 and 5/12
- Learn all about wine in a nutshell.
- Get to know the major red varieties and Australian wine regions.
- Discover the wine production process and the traditional wine regions of Europe
- 4 x 2 hour introductory sessions on wine appreciation
- Expert tuition from Sebastian Zotti, Roscoe Halligan and Myles Thomson
- We will taste over $3000 of premium wines from Australia and from around the world.
- Detailed notes and maps of the wine regions of the world.
- Customers are provided with guided wine tastings facilitated by our industry leading staff (minimum 8 wines per session) and delicious food items prepared by Bellota and perfectly paired to the chosen wines.
- Your inner sommelier!
- Note pads and pens
- We recommend public transport for responsible driving
Anyone with an interest in wine! Please note this course is only available for those over the ages of 18 and legal photo ID must be provided)
Vendor sincce 2013
Prince Wine Store was established in 1997 and is Australia’s leading Fine Wine Retailer, specialising in fine wine from Europe, America and Australia. We offer an array of courses to suit those who have just commenced their wine education (our PWS Introductory Wine Course is a perfect starting point) and to professionals seeking industry recognition (via the Wine and Spirits Education Trust qualifications).
Partners at the Prince Wine Store – Michael McNamara and Alex Wilcox – have developed, over the past 15 years, wine courses that are inspired by their travels to significant wine regions around the world.
The Prince Wine Store Courses offered are an Introductory Wine Course, French, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese Wine Courses and an intensive two-week course: Burgundy and a special Barolo Master Class/Dinner. These courses are taught by the owners and members of staff and offer an informal but informative way to learn about wine. Finally, it's important to stress that one of the key aspects to all the Prince Wine Store courses is that we always use bench-mark wine examples in the curriculum.