What You Will Learn
- Learn all about wine in a nutshell.
- Get to know the major red varieties and Australian wine regions.
- Discover the wine production process and the traditional wine regions of Europe
What You Get
- 4 x 2 hour introductory sessions on wine appreciation
- Expert tuition from Sebastian Zotti, Roscoe Halligan and Myles Thomson
- We will taste over $3000 of premium wines from Australia and from around the world.
- Detailed notes and maps of the wine regions of the world.
- Customers are provided with guided wine tastings facilitated by our industry leading staff (minimum 8 wines per session) and delicious food items prepared by Bellota and perfectly paired to the chosen wines.
The Prince Wine Store Introductory Wine Course has been developed in order to teach interested consumers, amateurs and industry beginners about the various aspects of wine, simply and informally.
While the course covers topics such as basic wine history, wine making, great wine regions of the world and the buying and storing of wine, a 'hands on' approach remains the primary focus of the course syllabus, with significant time spent tasting and discussing wine from all corners of the globe! Tutors: Sebastian Zotti, Roscoe Halligan, Myles Thomson.
Course Structure: Four two-hour sessions: Thursday evenings, 6-8pm at the Prince Wine Store South Melbourne.
- Week One: Wine in a nutshell
- Week Two: The Major red Varieties and Australian Wine Regions
- Week Three: Wine Production - What Happens?
- Week Four: A Global Perspective
MARCH 9/3, 16/3, 23/3 and 30/3
MAY 10/5, 17/5, 24/5 and 31/5
JULY 4/7, 11/7, 18/7 and 25/7
NOVEMBER 14/11, 21/11, 28/11 and 5/12