The group will enjoy being out on the water amongst natural surroundings whilst building confidence and gaining a sense of achievement in a supportive and fun environment.
We can design activities to suit their age and capabilities. Our friendly SUP instructors will help make this an enjoyable experience.
- Safety on the water
- Familiarity with SUP equipment
- Safe carrying of your equipment
- Basic paddle strokes and turns
- Correct posture and position whilst paddling
- Safe entry and exit from the water
- Using the paddle for stability
- Advanced strokes for turning and catching waves
- The St Kilda paddling environment (incluidng a visit to the penguins)
Duration: 90 Minutes
- Correct technique from day one and Stand-Up Paddle Boarding is no different.
- Our instructors will have you paddling effectively in a short space of time.
- Ensure you leave us with adequate knowledge to paddle on your own.
- SUP lesson; 90 minute session with instructors
- SUP equipment provided: Stand Up Paddle board, leg rope, paddle, wetsuit (if required), lifejacket (if required) and rash vest.
- Your interest to learn!
Wear clothes suited to the weather on the day
Vendor since 2016
Stand-up Paddle (SUP) is the fastest growing water sport in the world, and it's little wonder why. The low-impact sport encourages general fitness through strength and balance exercise, all while having fun in the water. Better yet, the leisurely sport requires no existing level of skill to be able to have a great time.
At Stand Up Paddle Boarding HQ we provide lessons, Yarra tours, penguin tours, hire, core fitness classes, equipment sales and advice. We have boards and paddles to match your skill level and instructors who are passionate about SUP and excited to help you learn and master the sport.
We operate from two great locations, St Kilda beach and the boatsheds on Melbourne's Yarra River. Both locations are perfect places to learn SUP in a safe, fun and protected environment.
Stand Up Paddle Boarding HQ offers much more than your first lesson or tour. As full supporters of a growing SUP community and the founders of the Port Phillip CUP SUP race, we provide a range of other experiences for individuals and groups, whether social or corporate. Night paddles, tours, 'Down Winder Paddles' and team building exercises are among our offered activities. Races and social BBQs are also no problem to organise. Tell us what you'd like to do, and we'll do our best to facilitate it.