Introduction to coding (Grades 1 to 6)
Computer science and computer-related fields are often introduced to young people in a way that is disconnected from their interests and values – emphasising technical detail over creative potential. We do things the other way around - creativity comes first which enriches the learning experience.
An underlying goal with all our programs is to establish a culture of fearlessness, exploration, and peer collaboration. The coding interface is based on software by the MIT Media Lab (Scratch 2.0).
Areas of learning:
- Use code to tell stories and create simple animations and games.
- The use of a simple sequence of steps and decisions needed to solve simple problems.
- Use digital systems to present data creatively.
- Implement simple visual programs with algorithms.
- Plan, create, and communicate ideas and information independently and with others.
Duration: 60 minutes
- Use code to tell stories and create simple animations and games
- The use of a simple sequence of steps and decisions needed to solve simple problems
- Use digital systems to present data creatively
- All equipment is supplied by STEMPunks
- Your endless imagination and favourite "Thinking Cap"
Beginners (Grades 1 to 6)
Vendor sincce 2017
Our programs are designed to enable children to learn the fundamental building blocks of STEM Science-Tecnology-Engineering-Maths.
The STEM programs are developed to inspire our students to become creative and innovative thinkers. The class size is deliberately small to make sure we spend enough time with each student to maximise their learning experience.
The coding programs are based on a curriculum from the Harvard Graduate School of Education and software by the MIT Media Lab.