This workshop draws on various wirework skills and guides learners through:
- Coiling and twisting wire techniques for creating unique wire designs for earrings, beads, or necklaces.
- A coiled wire bracelet connecting 20mm flat glass or gemstone beads, round/square/rectangle, with woven wire hook clasp.
- During the workshop we will be using ‘Artistic Wire’™ NT Silver, copper or brass. ‘Artistic Wire’™ is available in a myriad of colours which you can explore after the workshop. Or you may choose to purchase sterling or Argentium silver wire from A & E Metals.
ESSENTIAL TECHNIQUES COVERED
- Jump Rings
Duration: 6 hours
- Wire and small beads
- Soft copy class notes
- Loan tools to complete your work
- Materials fee of $15 to be paid in cash directly to the teacher on the day of class.
- Notebook, pen and pencil
For Workplace Safety we require you to wear closed-in shoes, have long hair tied back and wear minimal jewellery in class.
Participants should have completed the Wirework essentials workshop or have wirework experience.
Vendor since 2015
Sydney Jewellery School (SJS) is Australia's leading independent contemporary jewellery facility for students wishing to learn the art of jewellery making, multi-media creative arts techniques and object 'd art creation.
The school operates from our own premises and dedicated studio space in Rosebery, an inner South/East suburb of Sydney. Housed in the Heritage Listed Leda Building our air-conditioned studio is flooded with natural light and is equipped with the latest tools and equipment.
SJS also provides space for people wishing to access bench space on a casual or daily basis.
We cater for both the beginner through to the accomplished artisan with a range of classes and techniques: Beginner classes; Class modules to build your skill level; Specialist techniques; Master classes; Visiting artists program; International teachers program.
Many of our classes and the equipment needed to participate are only available within the framework of formal University/TAFE training, SJS is proud to be able to offer short courses in these techniques to all.
Our classes are surprisingly affordable and extremely competitive. Compare for yourself.
The studio has a fully equipped kitchenette and a substantial library with a large selection of books and DVDs on Jewelry and Craft.
Our Director Menaka Cooke and Studio Manager Jae Brown and the wonderful teaching faculty at the school look forward to welcoming you to the studio and to helping you turn your creative dreams into reality.