This workshop offers an introduction to spray-painting through stencils. Every young person will design and create their own stencil that they will cut from acetate. Using a combination of basic freehand skills and stencilling techniques, each young person will then spray-paint a canvas that they will get to keep.
Every participant will create their own re-usable stencil and artwork on a canvas, both of which can be taken home.
Participants will learn basic spraypaint skills which can be applied to a range of projects. This is a great prerequisite to our Freehand Spraypainting Workshop!
The workshop includes a professional street art demonstration from one of Melbourne’s most prolific street artists. We will also provide you with all materials including acetate, markers, cutting knives and mats, spray paint, safety equipment (gloves, mask, aprons) etc. Every participant also gets their own canvas to paint and take home.
A light afternoon tea is also provided.
What you will learn
- Learn how to design and make your own street art stencil from scratch
- Discover the history and relevance of stencils within the street art movement
- Create your own piece of spray painted art onto a canvas to take home
What you will get
- Professional street art demonstration by our renowned stencil artists
- All materials to create your own street art stencil
- A canvas to take home painted with your own artwork
- The chance to explore the famous Blender Studios
What to bring
- Your creative enthusiasm
- A reference image or photo if you have something specific in mind that you would like to work with (please note this is not mandatory however)
- Any other objects that you might want to paint your stencil on to such as a book cover etc.
What to wear
Appropriate clothing for a painting class! If spray paint gets on your clothes, chances are it won’t come out.
Anyone interested in learning more about street art, or looking for a fun creative activity. You don’t need to be a good drawer for this class, just come along with your creative enthusiasm!
Please let us know your child age and any special requirements when booking :)
The Blender Studios is a renowned art complex with a thriving art studio at its core. Founded in 2001, the studios have evolved alongside the urban art movement in Melbourne and currently hosts 24+ resident artists. Blender Studios is not only a hub for both street artists and fine artists, but it is also the HQ of Melbourne Street Tours, Dark Horse Experiment, The Blender Loft, and Blender Creatives.
We offer a variety of creative workshops at our studio and also online, with mixed-age classes, kids holiday programs, and corporate group workshops! With a focus on having fun while learning new skills, you will learn from only the best professional street artists.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A refund can be requested 2 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$10.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested 2 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
Blender Studios reserves the right to cancel workshops should the minimum number of bookings not be met.
Weather Contingency: Workshops will run regardless of unfavourable weather conditions.