Are you one of the many aspiring ceramicists that would like further support after completing our Intro to Ceramics course?
From practising your throwing to creating your own dining set this class really does give you free reign and expert guidance.
Join our Friday Clay Social Ceramics class to work on any project or project your chosen ceramics skill, and meet new people with like minded interests, win-win!
This class will be run weekly and students are free to book individual classes and of course multiple classes if you have a project in mind.
Our teacher will support you as you progress though your self-directed project/s at your own pace and practice. You’ll learn essential ceramics skills, new techniques, get inducted (or do a refresher) on the machinery.
Less experienced students will be offered sample projects to help teach the basic skills. More advanced students can work on independent projects.
Total beginners – this is not for you. You are asked to attend our Intro to Ceramics course first.
What do you get? 3 hours a session, max 10 participants, and a dedicated Technician to help you:
- Equipment inductions and/or refreshers.
- Address skills gaps for essential ceramic skills.
- Make a game plan for that next project.
- Refine and resolve the design and work out how to tackle making it.
- Guide you through your project from beginning to end.
- Some materials are included, but students are expected to bring their own materials for special projects – the teacher can help with recommendations. (For example: terracotta clay body or special types of glaze)
- Free bisque firing
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Book into the next available class
- Bring drawings, materials, (clay, glaze, tools etc) and anything else you need to work on your project. MakerSpace can recommend suppliers.
- The teacher will work across the group, making sure you stay on track
PLEASE NOTE when booking a class with MakerSpace &company you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
MakerSpace is an 18+ facility, and our classes and facilities are designed for adults.
The reality is that MakerSpace is simply not set up to accommodate children. For further information please click here: http://makerspace.org.au/book-classes/faq/
Unfortunately our new space cannot offer suitable wheelchair access. We are currently working on improving our facilities to make them accessible for all.
We have very limited parking spaces on Gerald Street so if you're driving here please allow time to look for parking on our street or nearby streets.
Students must wear covered shoes, have long hair tied back and wear appropriate safety gear when using equipment. All students will be shown how to use appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment).
MakerSpace &company and its tutors will provide training in how to use all equipment and relevant machinery and tools to students during the course. It is essential that no equipment or machinery be used while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
While all care will be taken, it is the responsibility of the student to follow all instructions and use all the equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
What you will learn
- Address skills gaps for essential ceramics skills.
- Guide you through your project from beginning to end (book multiple weeks)
- Meet like minded makers in a fun, social atmosphere
What you will get
- Expert tuition from an expert coach.
- Use of earthenware clay, basic glazes, & firing
What to bring
- Bring drawings, special materials (specific glazes or shaping tools) and anything else you need to work on your project. MakerSpace can recommend suppliers.
What to wear
Please wear casual clothes (it will get messy!)
If you are looking for totally new skills and this department is new to you, please check out our CLASS page.
A place for people to make things
Our agenda is to build a culture of innovation and excellence in Australian design, whilst strengthening the local community by bringing people together.
We are a place for locals to participate in the culture of making, and for visitors to experience the best in Australian Design across furniture, ceramics, metalwork, woodwork, industrial design and more.
MakerSpace & Company has an average rating of 4.9 for their other classes.See other reviews
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a transfer or credit note.
- A refund can be requested 5 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$25.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested anytime before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested anytime before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Kids in classes: MakerSpace classes are designed for adults. Kids aged 14-17 can book this class on the condition that an accompanying adult also participates - which means booking two places. If you have questions about kids in the workshop, please read this.
Terms and Conditions: All students must read and agree to our full Terms and Conditions, you can find them here.