In this workshop students will be introduced to screen printing on glass. Techniques covered will include: preparing screen using drawn images, photos and text, different paints for different applications, firing and how to use screen printing tools correctly for glass.
Students have the opportunity to have an image of their choice imaged onto the screen for the class. All materials included.
This class is a one day session and takes place on a Monday
- Selecting suitable glass paints, mixing onglazes and basic firing schedules.
- Explaination on preparing screens
- Hand cutting stencils and exposing screens
- 5 10cmx 12cm printed images on glass and 3 slumped plates
- Dust mask,Safety glasses, Suitable working clothing (including closed shoes, long pants and an apron for over shirt), Pencil and paper, Latex gloves, Windex and paper towel, Scalpel or small Stanley knife, Permanent marker
- lease note, if students want an image of their own placed onto a screen they will need to email this to Blue Dog Glass 10 days prior to class starting, the image needs to be a black and white JPEG, no larger than 2mg and 10 x 10 cm
Long pants, closed toed and heeled shoes.
Beginners or students from any level
Vendor sincce 2016
Located in Mordialloc, Melbourne, Blue Dog Glass is a unique business dedicated to offering quality products, tuition and commissions in the field of kiln formed glass. We combine artistic flair, refined technique and practicality to produce items and services of true individuality. We stock an extensive selection of materials and tools for any glass enthusiast as well as providing specialist technical support.
As importers and distributors of Bullseye Glass and Paragon kiln products, our range of glass and products are of the highest quality. At Blue Dog Glass we also provide a personalised commission service including cast hand prints, functional ware, business or sporting awards and architectural lighting design. Our team can collaborate with your business to produce design prototypes and items best suited to your needs.
Classes offered at Blue Dog Glass are conducted by professional artists and offer students the opportunity to learn in a friendly and creatively conducive environment. Our classes cater for absolute beginners and craft makers through to professional artists looking to expand their practice with specialist glass workshops.