Chocolate Alchemist Steve will demonstrate his techniques and explain the chemistry behind making perfectly tempered, quality, raw chocolate. Then you’ll make you own chocolates using ingredients provided.
- Blending - Learn to blend raw cacao butter and powder with unrefined natural liquid sweeteners (raw coconut nectar syrup used in class) to create quality raw chocolates free from refined sugars, dairy, gluten and soy lecithin.
- Melting - Learn correct procedure and methods and equipment required for melting chosen ingredients.
- Tempering - Quality chocolate is created by perfect tempering, learn the foolproof techniques used by Chocolate Alchemist to produce chocolate with snap and shine – every time.
- Moulding - How to prepare and use moulds and how to freeform chocolate including the addition of berries, seeds etc for flavouring and texture.
- Wrapping, packaging and storing - Learn about how to wrap and store your chocolates for longer shelf life.
Duration: 3 to 3.5 Hours
- Necessary equipment and ingredient choice
- Blending, melting and tempering
- Moulding, wrapping and storage
- Expert tuition from award winning chocolate maker, Chocolate Alchemist
- Instruction sheet for blending and tempering
- Tastings throughout the class and all the chocolates you make to take home
- Passion for chocolate and a notebook & pen
Comfortable clothes and shoes (apron provided)
No prerequisite for the course, open to public & trade
Vendor sincce 2017
Steve Pankhurst is the creator of Chocolate Alchemist and the maker of its high quality artisan raw chocolates, using certified organic and Australian native wild harvested ingredients, without refined sugar, dairy, soy or GMOs.
During the Chocolate Alchemist Raw Chocolate workshops Steve will share his passion, teach his techniques and explain the chemistry behind making perfectly tempered, quality raw chocolate, at home.
The Chocolate Alchemist won three gold and two silver awards for its five entries in the Perth Royal Dairy Show in 2016.