DYEING WITH PLANTS & INDIGO
Taught by Nichola Prested
Join us in this full day workshop where we will learn how dye fabrics and fibres using a variety of local and everyday seasonal plants. You will learn how to prepare and mordant your fibres, the various ways of extracting colour from plants, modifying, safety and more. We will then experiment with overdyeing with Indigo to create even more colours!
You will go home with with swatches of yarn and fabrics and an info sheet with details of how you can continue natural dyeing at home.
Natural dyes can stain clothing and footwear, so be sure to wear something dark or old!
- How to extract dyes from plants, fibre preparation, mordanting & modifying
- Overdyeing eco dyes with indigo to create more colours
- Workspace set-up and safety
- Info sheet so you can continue to do this at home
- Tea and yummy home baked treats
- Yarn and fabric swatches from each dye pot for your own records
- Plastic bags to take home your samples
- An apron or old clothes you don't mind getting stained
- A notebook and pen
- Lunch (or you can walk the short distance to the local cafe's) We have a fridge and microwave
Casual clothes you don't mind getting stained
Vendor sincce 2013
Handmaker's Factory, 84B Charles Street, Seddon, VIC 3011
Please read our Refund Policy. By booking a workshop you agree to this policy. This policy has recently changed.
As seen in: CLASSES ON SUSTAINABLE LIVING IN MELBOURNE
Cancelling your spot in a class
- Bookings are final. Please double check the date of the workshop before booking, cancellations will result in forfeit of payment. Bookings are strictly not transferable to other dates.
- You may offer your spot to a friend, we will transfer the booking into their name but you must arrange any transfer of money between yourself and your friend.
- Non-attendance under any circumstances forfeits the fee paid and is non-transferable.
- A class requires a minimum number of attendants to go ahead. Your cancellation may mean the class is unable to go ahead therefore causing other participants to miss out and a teacher to be cancelled at the last minute.
If we cancel a class
- All classes require a minimum number of bookings to go ahead. Minimum numbers vary from class to class. Classes that do not have the required minimum will be cancelled.
- Participants will be notified 48 hours prior to the start of the class and will be offered the choice of having their spot transfered to the next available class, a credit to be used towards another class or a full refund.
- If a teacher is unable to attend a class due to illness or other extreme circumstances we will postpone the class to a later date and inform you as early as possible.
- We can not be held liable for any travel or other costs in the event of a cancellation.
- We do our best to ensure classes go ahead
Gift vouchers purchased for a particular class
Gift vouchers: (1) expire X months from the time of purchase (as specified when booking); (2) are not redeemable for cash; (3) are not transferable or assignable; (4) cannot be redeemed for other courses or events.
This Policy replaces all other previous policies and can be replaced or altered at any time.
All Policies are deemed to be accepted by all parties upon enrolment.
© 2012-2017 Handmaker's Factory. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated.
All designs used in our workshops remain the property of the original designer aka the teacher. While our teachers are happy to share the knowledge and skills that they have spent years learning and perfecting we do ask that you do not copy their work and make a profit from it.
Of course you are welcome to make and gift an item that you have learned to make in our workshops but any copyright infringement will not be tolerated. We ask that you do the right thing and come up with your own original designs if you plan to sell your creations.
We also ask that you credit the designers with their name and a link when sharing their work.