No weaving experience required! This comprehensive introductory course will guide you in the use of a 4 shaft table loom to weave your own cloth. Enjoy the satisfaction of taking yarn through to finished fabric .
Course cost includes yarn for your initial sampler and the use of a loom to take home between classes and for some weeks afterward.
Teacher: Amber Wooles
5 days total-
Feb 4th 10:30am-4pm
Feb 18th 10:30am-4pm
March 4th 10:30am- 4pm
March 18th 10:30am-4pm
April 8- 11am-12:30pm
- How to weave your own cloth using a 4 shaft table loom and related tools
- We follow the whole process through: From choosing yarns and winding a warp to dressing the loom, interpreting drafts, weaving a series of simple structures and employing decorative finishing techniques
- You will produce a sampler using basic structures and then plan and weave a project of your choice
- Expert skills-based tuition in handloom weaving
- A complete set of notes for class and future reference
- Use of your own 4 shaft table loom to take home between classes for the duration of the course
- Yarn for your initial sampler
- Notebook and pencil
- Tape measure
- Darning needle
Casual and comfortable
Anybody! No weaving experience required.
Vendor sincce 2016
The Guild's aim is to bring together those who practise handweaving, spinning and allied crafts and to help and encourage them to increase their knowledge, understanding and skills by discussion, demonstration, exhibition, teaching and the provision of quality resource materials.
Our Guild rooms house an excellent library and craft supply, sell members work and host a wonderful range of interest groups, classes and workshops.
We have members and affiliated groups throughout the state.
Come and join us!
Cancellations and refunds
The Guild reserves the right to cancel classes due to insufficient numbers. If we cancel the workshop you will be notified and will be issued with a 100% refund.
If you decide to withdraw 7 or more days prior to the workshop/course date the Guild will retain a 10% administration fee.
If you decide to withdraw less than 7 days before the workshop/course date the Guild will retain 100% of your workshop fee.