Introduction to 4 Shaft Weaving - Short Course
About This Class
- 'Set-up Sunday': 30th July 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Followed by 6 Monday evenings 6pm - 9pm
- July 31, August 7, 14, 21, 28 and September 4th.
What You Will Learn
- How to weave your own cloth using a 4 shaft table loom and related tools
- We follow the whole process through: From choosing yarns and winding a warp to dressing the loom, interpreting drafts, weaving a series of simple structures and employing decorative finishing techniques
- You will produce a sampler using basic structures and then plan and weave a project of your choice
What You Get
- Expert skills-based tuition in handloom weaving
- A complete set of notes for class and future reference
- Use of your own 4 shaft table loom to take home between classes for the duration of the course
- Yarn for your initial sampler
No weaving experience required! This comprehensive introductory course will guide you in the use of a 4 shaft table loom to weave your own cloth. Enjoy the satisfaction of taking yarn through to finished fabric .
Course cost includes yarn for your initial sampler and the use of a loom to take home between classes and for some weeks afterward.
Teacher: Ilka White