Early Bird Prices finish on 1st December, 2019
The drop spindle is the easiest, most portable way to learn how to spin fibre by hand. In this class you will learn about the history of drop spindles, their ancient and modern construction, and most importantly, how to get started with spinning your own yarn.
Your tutor Wil is an experienced spinner with a real love of fibre and a passion for Drop Spindling
- The history and significance of the drop spindle
- Learn about the different kinds of drop spindles and how to work with them effectively
- How to spin and ply a balanced yarn on a drop spindle
- If you have a drop spindle, feel free to bring it. A limited number of spindles can be lent out by tutor during the class. A limited amount of practice fibre will be provided free of charge
- Spindles and fibre are available for purchase during the class from the Guild Craft Supply.
- White Corriedale fibre will be available in 100 gram lots on the day for $10 each.
Appropriate for beginners, or experienced spinners who want to brush up on their drop spindling skills
Vendor since 2016
The Guild's aim is to bring together those who practise handweaving, spinning and allied crafts and to help and encourage them to increase their knowledge, understanding and skills by discussion, demonstration, exhibition, teaching and the provision of quality resource materials.
Our Guild rooms house an excellent library and craft supply, sell members work and host a wonderful range of interest groups, classes and workshops.
We have members and affiliated groups throughout the state.
Come and join us!
Cancellations and refunds
The Guild reserves the right to cancel classes due to insufficient numbers. If we cancel the workshop you will be notified and will be issued with a 100% refund.
If you decide to withdraw 7 or more days prior to the workshop/course date the Guild will retain a 10% administration fee.
If you decide to withdraw less than 7 days before the workshop/course date the Guild will retain 100% of your workshop fee.
No refunds for missed classes.