Street Food Of Asia Cooking Online
Embark on a cultural journey of 4 Asian Cuisines
STREET FOOD ASIA COOKING ONLINE
Street food in Asia is popular with travellers for reasons from the rich and diverse culture to the diversity of flavours and styles that won’t set your wallet back. For home cooks, it gives them a wide range of cuisines for home cooking or entertaining. Cooking street food at home could send your taste buds reeling.
Typically big on flavour, our street food menu can generally be taken as a snack or as a main course partnered with rice or any other popular staple. So, here’s a challenge: getting to know each country through its street food
- Learn the basic and fundamental skills to create a variety of delicious street food dishes
- Have fun in this interactive and sociable cooking experience
- Access to a wide variety of written and multi-media resources
- Professional instruction from an experienced chef
- Cook from the comfort of your home
ON THE DAY LIVE STREAM
- This online cooking experience lasts for approximately 1.5-2 hours
- The chef will begin with an overview of some of the basic ingredients and guide you through some basic organisational tips.
- The chef will demonstrate and guide participants through each stage of the preparation and cooking, with plenty of time for questions
- Afterwards, our chef will wrap up the cooking class, and participants will be encouraged to show off some of their creations.
Thai menu Jan May Sep
- Nam Phrik Kaeng Daeng - Red Curry Paste and Prik Nam Plaa - Fish Sauce Dressing
- Tod Man Khao Pod - Corn Fritters
- Hor Amok - Red Curry Fish Steamed in Banana Leaf
Vietnamese menu Feb Jun Oct
- Bun Cha - Vietnamese Pork BBQ
- Nem Nướng- Grilled Pork Sausage
Japanese menu Mar Jul Nov
- Karaage Japanese Fried Chicken with pickled Vegetables
- Free-hand rolled sushi
Chinese menu Apr Aug Dec
- Cong You Bing- Spring Onion Pancakes
- Gua Bao - Steamed Pork Buns with Caramelised Pork Belly and Quick Pickles
WHAT TO BRING?
- When you book the class, the system will send you an email that has the links for your class of choice. Please click on the cuisine and later to join the class on Zoom.
HOW WE RUN THE CLASS?
- Move at your own pace! Sign on to this course at any time, we have created a full library of pre-recorded videos, class notes, and recipes for you to view before the live class sessions.
- The online cooking sessions are meant to complement your learning. For our live session, you'll cook alongside one of our chefs who will guide you through each recipe. You'll have the opportunity to simply watch or cook alongside with us. During the live session, you'll have the chance to ask questions and interact with some of the other participants as well.
- When you sign up for 4 classes, you'll be given 6 months of access to our online platform. If you sign up for a single class, you'll have access to our platform for a single week.
- Before the live cooking sessions, please give yourself a chance to view our platform, see the recipes, watch our videos, and set up your ingredients and equipment to make the online session as smooth and seamless as possible. Let us know if you have dietary restrictions and we'll happily come up with some creative and delicious substitutions for you.
- After signing up, you'll receive an automatic e-mail with the details for your live cooking session.
- Prior to the class, we recommend you gather all of the needed equipment, to measure each ingredient, and arrange everything in a logical and reachable space. That way, you can focus on the more fun aspects of the class- cooking, socialising and eating.
- Sharp knife and cutting board
- Sturdy sauté pans, large pots
- Set of small bowls for your mise en place.
- Spatula, tong, serving spoon
- Measuring cups and spoons and a scale
WHAT TO WEAR?
- We recommend comfortable clothing and closed-toed shoes. It's a great idea to tie your hair back if it's long too. It might be useful to have aprons for the whole team so you can keep your clothes clean.
CAN MY CHILDREN JOIN?
- Children who are attending online cooking classes must be participating with a parent or guardian.
- Because of the difficulty of the course material, we recommend this program for children ten years old or older.
CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGE FOR DATES
- After you sign up, you'll receive an email with access instructions to our online platform. You will also receive all of the recipes, videos, and Zoom details relevant to your upcoming class.
- We are sorry but cannot offer refunds for canceled classes, however, we are happy to reschedule your class with 48 hours prior notice.
- If you miss a Zoom class, let us know and we can send you a recording of the session.
- Vouchers purchased through 3rd parties will be bounded by their terms and conditions.
- Learn how to prepare and present various popular street food preparations
- Taste a variety of delicious, and authentic street foods
- Enjoy this experience in a small and intimate group setting
- Enjoy a complimentary refreshment upon arrival
- Prepare and cook a varied menu, utilising a wide range of techniques along the way
- Finish the class by tasting all of your creations with a glass of sparkling wine or beer
Comfortable clothing and closed toe shoes
Beginner and Advance cooks
Vendor since 2020
Otao kitchen was launched in Richmond, Melbourne, Australia in July 2014, with the goal of celebrating the rich and varied cooking experiences of Melbourne’s immigrant multicultural communities. Its founder, Chef Ha Nguyen, originally from Hanoi shares his passion for food, instructing customers in the exotic diaspora of Asian and around the world cuisine.
Today our guests can get inspired by cooking with our local and international chefs, listen to their cooking and travel experiences in Asia and around the world and bring some cooking and cultural tips and tricks home. With the nods at the diversity of communities within Melbourne, Otao kitchen features an array of food experiences on Thai, Japanese, Chinese, Dumplings, Indian, Korean, Indonesian, as well as French, Italian, Spanish, Mexican cuisines and more.
In 2020 with the challenge of global Covid 19 pandemic, we set out to capture the curriculum of our hands-cooking classes and deliver it online to home cooks in Australia and across the world to guide you to cooking success and better health.
Otao kitchen is named after Ông Táo, the Vietnamese Kitchen God. Ông Táo is regarded as the advocate of Vietnamese families to the gods and a messenger between Heaven and Earth. In preparation for a prosperous year, Vietnamese families clean their homes and polish their silver. During the New Year celebrations, Ông Táo comes to serve as the Kitchen God to Vietnamese families. As the old year ends, he flys back to Heaven on a magic carp reporting on each family’s life and experiences over the past year to the Jade Emperor, the King of Heaven. Ông Táo is regarded as a family member and various prayers and offerings are brought to him at the family altar.
Otao Kitchen aims to increase the accessibility of healthy food options with hands-on cooking. Our cooking classes offer you an intelligent, thoughtful and authentic cooking experience - that is fun, adventurous and suitable for people of all ages, teams, work party, backgrounds or levels of cooking skills. The skills you will learn are fully transferable to your own kitchen and we look forward to hearing and seeing what you create at home after the classes.
For face-to-face cooking classes visit https://otaokitchen.com.au
For online cooking classes and portal visit http://homecookinglive.com
- Refund and transfer requests. Refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 48 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, Otao kitchen requires at least 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email email@example.com to organise.
- Partial refunds. Otao kitchen has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. Otao kitchen does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with Otao kitchen to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Otao kitchen, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Otao kitchen or organised by Otao kitchen must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Otao kitchen
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Otao kitchen unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Otao kitchen classes and events or on Otao kitchen premises. (For use of Otao kitchen marketing materials).
Otao kitchen requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Otao kitchen, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.