This will consist of a brief lecture on basic light metering, followed by a short practical session in the studio for assessment and critique of photographs taken.
What you will learn
- You will be given a roll of 35mm B&W film to go into your camera , followed by a shooting task.
- A lecture on film processing and then in a 1 on 1 learning environment you will learn how to process your own film
- Learn how to assess for correct exposure, then scan the images and save them to your USB drive
What you will get
- 1 on 1 instruction
- Feedback and shooting tips
- Photography notes
What to bring
- 35mm film SLR camera body and close to 50mm standard lens, with charged batteries
- Camera instruction manual, plus a notepad and pen
- USB 2.0 thumb drive to save your scanned images
What to wear
Casual comfortable clothes, dust jacket or overalls type clothing as we will be working with chemistry in a darkroom.
Must have completed the Light meter course prior to commencing this workshop.
Penny Koukoulas Photography is a Brisbane based company who specialises in running photography walking tours. We have a great passion for photography and have worked in the industry for over 30 years.
All the photography tours, workshops and courses are designed for you to discover some great locations while learning how to take great photographs.
We run tours in Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and the Gold Coast.
The philosophy is to teach in simple and easy to understand terms. The tours run in a small group environment so everyone gets attention and has fun learning all about photography !
Like us on Facebook : www.facebook.com/PennyKPhotography
Follow us on Instagram : www.instagram.com/pennykoukoulasphotography
Tweet us : www.twitter.com/PennyKPhoto
Penny Koukoulas Photography has an average rating of 4.8 for their other classes.See other reviews
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a transfer or credit note.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Penny Koukoulas Photography's refund policy is moderate.
- Refunds: You may claim a refund, if you cancel up to 2 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- No transfers.
- Credit Notes: You may cancel up to 2 days before class starts and receive a credit note. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
Numbers on the Day
These workshops are limited to a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 8 students, dependent on the maximum for each class. In the unlikely event of not reaching minimum numbers, the course will be postponed to the next available date.
This does not apply to the private and online lessons which are one on one.
Locations may vary according to weather conditions. The location will be sent to you the night before the workshop following a check of the weather forecast.
Please note that this does not apply to online lessons or indoor workshops.
Zoom is a third party communications solution and is in no way the responsibility of Penny Koukoulas Photography