This workshop is designed for mature children that are over 8 years old with little to no experience of sewing.
In this 2 hour session, we will focus on learning all about the machine, how to replace needles, change the foot, wind the bobbin and thread the machine. We'll practice all stitches, sew straight lines, and learn how to turn corners. After having a good practice, we will work on a roll-up pencil case to take home.
Due to limited space, this is a drop-and-go class.
**Once your child has completed this workshop, they will be ready for our Level 2 workshop.**
- Setting up a sewing machine
- Learn about basic stitches & when to use them
- How to make a pencil case
- A complete beginners sewing session, taught by a qualified Textile Designer
- All fabrics, materials and coloured pencils for your pencil case
- Access to the members-only section on our website where you can access great resources, tutorials and special offers.
- Just your enthusiasm!
This class has been set up for children 8 years old and over with little to no experience of sewing.
This option is available during checkout. Please select the date for Level 1 only, we can arrange a date for Level 2 on the day.
Vendor since 2018
Scribble & Sew was launched in 2017 by Welsh designer Sophie Parry. The Sydney-based brand sells beautiful handmade textiles for children, with a strong focus on sensory development.
In addition to selling textiles, Scribble & Sew also offer sewing workshops from their studio in Redfern.
We understand that sometimes things happen and you wont be able to make it on the day. Please let us know as soon as possible if you cannot make it.
We do not offer refunds, however you may transfer the date of your workshop to another day.
If you cancel with less than 24 hour notice, there will be a $10 transfer fee added to your booking, this is to cover admin costs and time spent setting up for your class.
- To secure a place in one of our workshops, you must book and pay through the weteachme platform. A confirmation email will be sent to you and someone from the Scribble & Sew team will be in touch.
- In order to fully benefit from our workshops, please arrive on time. Some workshops may take longer to finish, depending on the group's previous knowledge and experience.
- If for any reason we need to postpone or cancel your booking, we will notify you asap via text or email. In this case, we will offer you a full refund or you may choose to reschedule.
Cancel or Reschedule
- We understand that sometimes things happen and you wont be able to make it on the day. Please let us know as soon as possible if you cannot make it. We do not offer refunds, however you may transfer the date of your workshop to another day. If you cancel on the day of your workshop, there will be a $10 transfer fee added to your booking, this is to cover the time we will have spent setting up for your class.
- We do not offer refunds or rescheduling for students who don't arrive to their booked session.
- You acknowledge that in this workshop you will be using various tools, scissors, rotary cutters, sewing machines and other materials, all of which are used at your own risk.