POT PAINTING or BASKET PAINTING WORKSHOP
POT PAINTING or BASKET PAINTING WORKSHOP.
This workshop is a combination of my two workshops: Pot Painting & Basket Painting. It enables students to learn both in one workshop then choose which one they wish to paint.
Classes run in a home studio with a maximum of 6 students to ensure they are covid safe.
During this class you will learn:
- How to prime your pot or basket
- How to come up with a design
- How to develop a colour palette
- Which paints to use and different techniques
- How to add details with posca paint markers
- How to seal your pot or basket at the end.
- One of the following options: Option A:
- Large Concrete (20cm), terracotta (25cm) pot or two smaller pots (depending on supplier availability at the time) Option B: One large 25cm woven basket.
- Primer, paints, brushes, posca markers and sealer. These are to be used on the day, they can't be taken home. You are welcome to leave your pot and collect it sealed a week later. If you require more time to do work with markers these are available from Officeworks.
- Refreshments, tea and coffee.
This workshop runs for approximately 3 hours. Some students may work faster or slower than others. If you finish well before time you are welcome to do some paintings on paper or purchase an additional pot or basket.
Fiona has been teaching children and adults from her home studio for the past 8 years. She is always working on her own art practice and specializes in a variety of mediums. She has been painting pots for about two years and sells these through local retailers, online and at markets. Fiona ran an online art class on painted pots for Glen Eira City Council in July 2020.
What you will learn
- Learn how to create your very own painted pots or baskets. Create your piece of beautiful home decor.
What you will get
- You will go home with your very own painted pot or basket
Park in street outside house.
What to bring
- All materials including refreshments provided.
What to wear
Wear clothes that won't mind getting a little paint on them. Aprons are provided.
Adults and teenagers. No experience required.
Vendor since 2020
Art classes for children and adults. Run by artist Fiona Wood who has been teaching art classes for over 8 years. Fiona is passionate about creativity and loves to share her enthusiasm for all things arty. Classes are process driven, experimental and fun. Sunnyside Art House studio is in a garden setting and is located in Bentleigh.
Sunnyside Art House has an average rating of 5.0 for their other classes.See other reviews
- Transfer requests. Transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 1 week of the class or event commencing. To request a transfer, Sunnyside Art House requires at least 1 weeks notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email email@example.com to organise.
- Missed classes. Sunnyside Art House does not offer refunds for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with Sunnyside Art House to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Sunnyside Art House, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Sunnyside Art House or organised by Sunnyside Art House must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Sunnyside Art House
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Sunnyside Art House unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Sunnyside Art House classes and events or on Sunnyside Art House premises. (For use of Sunnyside Art House marketing materials).
Sunnyside Art House does not offer refunds for missed classes. If you provide at least one weeks notice, you may be able to transfer to a different class or send someone else in your place.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Sunnyside Art House, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Other classes you might like
CLAY:Make Quirky Clay Plant Pots (holiday program)CLAY:Make Quirky Clay Plant Pots (holiday program)
AU$20.00Mon, 27 Sep 9:30AM (AEST)
Superhero / Cartoon Illustration (holiday program)Superhero / Cartoon Illustration (holiday program)
AU$20.00Tue, 28 Sep 1:30PM (AEST)