- Individual Vocal Lessons
- Specialized Individual Group Vocal Lessons
- Develop Songwriting Skills
- Musicianship & Theory
- Artist Development
- Mindset Training
- Goal Setting
- Performance Opportunities
- Projects and Concerts
- All Ages
- All Styles
- Kids/Teens ( 8yrs to 19yrs: all musical backgrounds)
- Stage Singers (all ages, wishing to pursue the stage)
- Gen Y Singers (Beginners – Intermediate – any musical background)
- Musicians (Singer Songwriters: Beginners – Intermediate/Advanced)
- Adult Self Development (Beginners – Intermediate)
- AMEB/ANZCA Preparation
- VCE Units 1-4 Preparation
- Tertiary Recital Preparation
- Professional and Amateur Audition Preparation
- Vocal Competition Preparation
THE HOUSE OF VOICE boasts many student successes from preparing singers up to lead roles for major musicals including the latest production of Les Miserable to training vocalists up to being signed to international record deals on major tours including SXSW. THE HOUSE OF VOICE is extremely proud of its training philosophy with a high distinction/distinction AMEB standard year in and year out – alongside VCE students marking 95% in end of year practicals – the training speaks for itself!
MYTH 1# VOCAL LESSONS ARE ONLY FOR THOSE WHO CAN SING!
The truth of the matter is if you can speak you can sing. It is an ability we all have and can access with the right tools and knowledge. The House of Voice’s speciality is growing voices from the ground up drawing from a complete understanding of the mind and body in vocal.
MYTH 2# GETTING SINGING LESSONS FROM A YOUNG AGE CAN DAMAGE YOUNG VOICES!
Singing with the wrong technique damages voices as does training from coaches lacking a sound knowledge of anatomy and muscle development in children vocally. The HOUSE OF VOICE offers university trained coaches using a holistic approach to the mind and body in voice.
MYTH 3# I AM A WORKING SINGER/SONGWRITER, I KNOW ALL MY VOICE IS CAPABLE OF
THE HOUSE OF VOICE has a list of working musicians both signed and developing. THE HOUSE OF VOICE brings singers to the next level of their journey; unleashing their instrument to greater heights, filling in the gaps and giving them tools to cope vocally with the lifestyle and demands of touring which can place a big strain on vocalists
MYTH 4# I WILL LEARN ONLY ABOUT SINGING!
Lessons at the House of Voice are much more than just singing lessons, you will learn how to easily overcome your blocks in every aspect of you as a person – YOUR VOICE IS YOU. Training at THE HOUSE OF VOICE will Empower, Improve and Inspire the greatest version of you, giving you a greater sense of self that is fully connected to who you are, your instrument and to all those around you. BUILD CREATE INSPIRE
With extensive education in anatomy and the vocal apparatus, HOV provides vocalists the opportunity to gain skills both as a singer and as a musician, whilst improving technique and artistry.
HOV maintains a fun, holistic and interactive approach to vocal training, educating students in vocal anatomy, awareness training, the body and how it can efficiently produce sound without strain/effort with techniques to promote good vocal health, efficiency and stamina. Straying from the one size fits all approach, HOV has a strong emphasis on the individual, focusing on singers key strengths, eliminating inefficient habitual vocal patterns and developing individual programs to set vocalists on the path to becoming their best.
- How to use your voice, body awareness required to operate your voice, tools to undo individual patterns and vocal habits which impact on sound.
- Increase your understanding of your body specifically in singing so that you can make better vocal choices. Integrating large array of tools including the HOV Vocal Method: Making beginner to advanced technique accessible. All Styles, All Ages.
- How to improve Stage Prescence, Confidence, Showmanship and Overcome Performance Anxiety. As well as Musicianship, Aural, Rhythm and Basic Songwriting and Theory Skills
- Expert tuition from an experienced teacher.
- Knowledge and tools to get vocal improvement immediately
- Complimentary Warm Up CD
- Instrumental Backings
- Regular Performance Opportunities: Mid Year/End of year Concerts, Open Mic Nights, Charity Performances, Workshops & Masterclasses
- Your enthusiasm to learn!
- Notebook / Plastic Folder.
- Recording Device and USB.
All ages and All styles
Vendor since 2015
Welcome to the House of Voice, we are a Melbourne based singing studio led by vocal coach Alisha Gartland.￼The House of Voice provides fully qualified and specialist training for all singers from complete beginner to professional. We align singers to their true voice through holistic and specialist methods that are unique to The House of Voice.
If you can speak you can sing, and at the House of Voice we train all aspects of a singers mind, body and awareness so that your sound encompasses your entire vocal and artistic potential. The House of Voice also allows you to further your skills not only as a singer but as an artist and musician and share this in performance and development opportunities offered by The House of Voice.
To learn more about our studio based singing lessons, performance opportunities and artist development within the areas of Hughesdale, Carnegie, Caulfield, Brighton, Bentleigh, Malvern, Oakleigh, Glenhuntly, Ormond, McKinnon, Murrumbeena, Chadstone and Clayton and beyond, explore our pages to the left