We are all born with the ability to create and tell stories, some big and some small, but how?
This 6 week course will open up the possibilities and show you that what you think is out of reach is actually in your pocket. Smartphone Filmmaking breaks down the traditional walls of storytelling and allows us all to share our thoughts and experiences.
- In the workshop we will look at:
• Software to shoot and edit
• Telling your story
• Hardware from inexpensive to pro gear
• Entering film festivals or uploading to YouTube
- So if you want to:
• Tell your story
• Share your brand online
• Create an online vlog
• Or even become a YouTube star This workshop may be for you
By the end of this workshop you will have the basic knowledge to use your mobile phone to create and share your own story. But be aware, there will be homework as by the end of the 6 weeks you will have shot and edited your own project.
Adrian is an award winning smartphone filmmaker, MINA Screening co-curator and digital content creator from the Yarra Valley.
His mobile documentaries have screened locally and Internationally, finishing last year at the Syd- ney Opera House.
Adrian has a passion for storytelling and new technologies, so it was only natural that his camera of choice would be a smartphone. The intimacy and familiarity of an iPhone defuses any discomfort the subject may feel and its small form factor makes it easy to get into areas that traditional cameras could only dream of.
Smartphone, Mobile and Pocket filmmaking has allowed Adrian to follow his dreams and join amazing communities like MINA and FILMBREAKER, a creative movement dedicated to smart- phone storytellers, help to educate the next wave of smartphone filmmakers reach their goals.
The time is now for anyone with a story in their heart and a phone in their pocket to create and share it with the world. Do you have a story?
You can learn more about Adrian’s work here www.nineteenine.com
- 1) An understanding of how to shoot and edit video footage on a smartphone or tablet
- 2) Inexpensive content creation and brand awareness for small businesses
- 3) How to share your content either via YouTube or via Film Festivals
- 1) Invaluable knowledge to create a personal story or to share your brand 2) You will receive one to one and group support through out the workshop 3) Reference material to assist you during and after the workshop 4) Custom Filmbreaker Production Kit including a lav mic, mini tripod etc to get you started
- 2) You will receive one to one and group support through out the workshop
- 3) Reference material to assist you during and after the workshop 4) Custom Filmbreaker Production Kit including a lav mic, mini tripod etc to get you started
- Pen and notepad
- An open mind and a story to tell
Open to everyone interested!
Exceptionally helpful the FilmBreaker Kit includes cool, helpful tools (light, microphone, tripod, etc) to get you up and running
Vendor since 2019
YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub is a new contemporary creative space opening soon in the middle of Healesville. It’s about ‘the Arts’, excellence, inspiration & learning.
We are currently seeking, designers, artists & practitioners to join us in developing a workshop and education program.
100% Refund if you cancel more than 3 days prior to the workshop start date. 50% refund if you cancel within 72 hours of the start of the workshop.
YAVA workshops are offered by YAVA in partnership with the Workshop facilitator.
Workshop payment is generally required at time of booking . For payment over time options please enquire through info@yava,org.au.
We will return a 100% Refund if you cancel more than 3 days prior to the workshop start date. You will receive a 50% refund if you cancel within 72 hours of the start of the workshop. If you do not notify us prior to the workshop, the workshop fee is non-refundable.