Join us for a full day workshop and paint you’re own unique mandala!
Artist Marieke to show you how to explore the relationship between imagination and your creative expression through the journey of making your own mandala that will reflect your intentions and dreams for the new year and the new you!
Here painting techniques are secondary as we learn to turn our gaze inwards through specific imagery exercises as a way to see the true imagination at play rather than approaching creativity from the mind’s intellectual perception. Therefore allowing us to by pass the rational mind to access and bring through our creativity from it’s truer source in a way that is joyful and natural.
EXPERIENCE & LEARN
- Understand true imagination & the body cantered way to paint
- Interact with your dreaming self for inspiration and imagery
- Imagery exercises to open into your creativity
- ‘Dream Into Being’ advanced painting techniques
- The 3 dimensional effect / colour blending & shading – The ‘how to’
- Working with colour and the language of images
ABOUT MARIEKE VAN DER LEEST
Marieke is a self taught full time artist who paints from imagination. Her vibrant three dimensional imagery is mostly commissioned.
When not in the studio Marieke facilitates Creative Retreats with the Dream Into Being approach and works with creativity, imagery and dreaming to assist women in re-connecting to their creative source through Dream Birth facilitation.
Marieke works with clients throughout Australia and exhibits her original art collections yearly.
- All art materials
- Your round ‘2017 Mandala’ Canvas
- Morning Tea & Afternoon Tea
- Bring different images that reflect your intentions for your new year and the new you! Images that show different aspect of the dreams you have for yourself and your life in 2017.
- NOTE: The images are best quite large, fairly simple in detail and in colour. Please bring them as paper and not in a tablet, IPad or phone.
- We will have a short break for lunch, so in light of sticking to the schedule we recommend that you bring lunch with you, there is a kitchen & lunch room on sight!
For anyone who is seeking a relaxing creative experience, and refuge from the heat!
Vendor since 2014
Work-Shop is a creative concept that will broaden your horizons and help you unleash your inner awesome. We provide affordable short courses in life skills and alternative art. We’ve teamed up with Australia’s brightest creative minds to share their knowledge and help teach you a new skill.
From printmaking and stencil art through to music and gardening. From life skills and personal development through to blending tea and parkour, we offer a broad range of fun and creative short courses to suit our time poor lives. We will inspire you to pick up that pen, paintbrush, hammer or sewing machine and flick the switch that will kickstart a whole new way of life.
Locations: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide & Fremantle
Work-Shop requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. If you do miss this window, earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your buddies. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email email@example.com to organise a refund or transfer.
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes, however, let’s face it… sometimes shit happens! Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Work-Shop or organised by Work-Shop must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
- Any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property property brought into Work-Shop’s premises.
- Any physical injuries sustained as a result of participating in any class or event organised by Work-Shop.
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Work-Shop.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Work-Shop unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Work-Shop classes and events or on Work-Shop’s premises. (Don’t worry, we’ll only these use to show others how much of a rad time you’re having through social media, newsletters, blogs, website and general Work-Shop promo material)
Work-Shop requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer. If you miss this window, earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your buddies. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a refund.
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes. Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.