RAFFIA SHADE WORKSHOP - 9.30am to 1pm - Saturday 21 March 2020 - $170
Blake & Taylor 11 Latrobe Terrace Paddington Brisbane - PH 07 3369 7255
Make your own raffia lamp shade in this wonderfully creative workshop. We also give you a painted timber lamp base to go with your shade so you can use it as soon as you get home.
Check out my website - www.blakeandtaylor.com.au
Join Charlotte Holyoak, international Milliner/Teacher/Designer for a ‘light’ and happy day of learning a 4 strand plait, followed by a special raffia sewing technique also incorporating strips of white fabric threaded through your design. Lots of time for chatter, fun and morning tea while learning a new skill. On completing your beautiful lamp shade, we will attach it to a beautiful Shabby Chic wooden lamp stand, all inclusive in the price. You have the choice of a natural raffia with a white fabric weave or a beautiful blue coloured raffia with hand dyed indigo woven strips. All that’s left to decide is where in your house will you showcase your beautiful hand-made creation.
What you will learn
- How to braid raffia and how to stich it.
What you will get
- You will get to take home your finished raffia shade and a timber lamp base.
We have our very own free customer carpark behind our building. Enter off Cochrane Street.
What to bring
- Nothing to bring except your imagination and creative spirit
What to wear
There is no particular dress code. Just be comfortable.
Suitable for beginners and those over 15 years of age
Vendor since 2020
Blake & Taylor conducts workshops for all aspirants and creative enthusiasts.
Each week, the Creative Space, situated in Blake & Taylor’s Latrobe Terrace, Paddington store, holds creative craft workshops. As the name suggests, the Creative Space offers you the chance to learn and get creative with our team of experts. You can pick from a variety of creative workshops, there’s chalk furniture paint, screen-printing, indigo, raffia bags, drum shades and many others to choose from. We like to gather like minded people together in our intimate space so places are limited for each workshop. Blake & Taylor ensures everyone will have the opportunity to interact with our experts and walk away learning trade tips and tricks. Join us and let’s get creative. Ellie B&Txx
- Transfer or credit requests. Transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 72 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a transfer, Blake & Taylor requires at least 72 hours notice via email or phone prior to the start of a class or event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise.
- Missed classes. Blake & Taylor does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with Blake & Taylor to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Blake & Taylor, students will be notified via phone or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Blake & Taylor or organised by Blake & Taylor must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Blake & Taylor
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Blake & Taylor unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Blake & Taylor classes and events or on Blake & Taylor premises. (For use of Blake & Taylor marketing materials).
Blake & Taylor requires 72 hours notice via email or phone prior to the class commencing and a transfer or credit can be arranged. Cancellation outside this 3 day period are not transferable and no refunds can be given.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Blake & Taylor, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.