This 4-week course guides participants in exploring, expressing and connecting… with your self, your art, your range of expression through art. Catherine invites interested participants of all levels, skills and techniques to engage with this journey of artistic self-expression.
Date: Mondays, 3rd February - 24th February (4 weeks)
Time: 6.30pm - 8.15pm
Where: Castlemaine Community House, 30 Templeton Street.
Cost: $160 (Full) / $140. (EBD, avail til 13th Jan) / $120. (Concession) Materials included!
Tutor: Catherine Poussard
Catherine Poussard trained in Fine Art at RMIT (painting) and worked on community arts projects with all sorts of people in places considered to be at the borderlands of mainstream culture. With a pageant for exploration- of the inner world, Jungian depth psychology and existential expression of the human condition, Catherine has been dancing, writing, creating, bringing up her two children and moulding her practice as a soul- orientated psychotherapist in Central Victoria. Catherine sees living much like artmaking; sometimes messy and sometimes in beautiful proportion. She has been facilitating art making groups for adults to give ‘creative form’ to ideas of deeper meaning for over 20 years.
- artistic self-expression.
- participants in exploring, expressing and connection with your self, your art, your range of expression through art
- All materials provided
interested participants of all levels, skills and techniques
Vendor since 2016
Castlemaine Community House is in Castlemaine, Mount Alexander Shire, within the Central Goldfield region of Victoria. It is situated 120kms from Melbourne, approximately an hour and 15 minutes from the city. Castlemaine is encircled by at least six towns, each with their own particular identity. In addition to its established population, the Shire is a magnet for an increasing population of arts practitioners, tree changers, down shifters and those pursuing an alternative lifestyle based on environmental sustainability.
Castlemaine Community House provides programs and activities contributing to community development and supporting individuals and groups within the local community.
Castlemaine Community House is:
◙ a learning centre
◙ a meeting place
◙ a not-for-profit enterprise
◙ a drop-in centre
◙ a supportive, welcoming placean information network
We have a range of regular activities, educational classes for adults, programs for parents and children, and a large number of community projects which we run or contribute to. We are run by a committee of management and we have a number of staff and volunteers.
2015 marks our 30th anniversary. There is abrief history of our first 30 years
Cancellations and refunds will apply as follows;
- A full refund will be provided for services cancelled by CCH for any reason.
- A full refund, less a 10% administration fee will be provided for all cancellations by a client received 8-days prior to the beginning of program or services.
- A full refund, less the number of classes attended, will be provided for any client who leaves before completion of course.
- No refund is payable for cancellations by clients within 7-days of the program or service commencing, as it can be difficult to fill the space left and replace the lost earnings.
- While flexibility with the above arrangements can be allowed for compassionate grounds (considering relevant financial and social circumstances), any flexibility outside the above policies must be approved by the CCH Manager.
- Payments for all programs and education services must be secured prior to the service being provided.
- Payment can be received in cash, cheque, EFTPOS or via on-line payments.
- Secured bookings cannot be provided for any program or education service until a 25% deposit is paid.
- Pricing for all CCH programs and education services insure profitable and sustainable delivery of overall operations.
- Concession pricing will be provided for people with a healthcare card and should be calculated to support those with financial disadvantage, while maintaining the profitable and sustainable delivery of overall CCH operations.