Online, Kids School Holiday Art - Learn to Paint your Pet
In this fun holiday class your child will get to paint their very own artwork of their cat, dog or any other pet they may have.
Your child's online learning experience, in the comfort of your own home, will consist of step-by-step tuition with gentle guidance which is the same as in person classes. You will be given individual attention to ensure you are following along and happy with your progress.
In this session each child will get to paint their very own masterpiece, using non-toxic acrylic paints with the colours of their choice, they will be guided to achieve the best outcome with their work. They will be encouraged to use their imagination and incorporate decision making and self-expression.
They will learn how to complete their work from start to finish, including drawing their image. They are gently guided, learning drawing and painting techniques & processes, colour use & mixing, brush care and responsibility amongst many other things along with social interaction.
They will feel proud of themselves along with a sense of achievement. It is about boosting their self-esteem, inspiring them, encouraging decision making and expressing themselves through creativity to feel good about themselves.
Art classes are an excellent way for children to move through lack of self-confidence, anxiety, social difficulties along with any other personal or emotional situations.
You don’t need a large space to create your art. All that is required is a small desk/table, chair & your art supplies. If you are concerned about spills or mess, use a drop cloth or old sheet and place it on the floor around the area where you are creating artwork.
A laptop, desktop or tablet is preferable so you can see your instructor in a larger format, but smartphones will also work. You will be required to angle your device at your artwork so that I can provide personal feedback as you create your artwork in real time. Instruction will be given step by step to enable your child to follow along.
A MATERIALS list is provided upon booking. Feel free to use your own materials or you can order them online and receive everything at your front door. I do have some kits available providing there is time to order and receive. Please ask here.
If you are new to Zoom, it is recommended to familiarise yourself with the basic process of logging in and joining a meeting. Zoom is a very easy system to use, everyone can do it!
This class will be kept to a maximum of approx. 6-8 students ensuring your child receives all the help they need. Parents may be required to assist with set up, minimal parent supervision is then best, to let your child explore their creativity themselves.
Be sure to have yourself set up, ready to start painting at the allocated time. And please remember to angle your camera at your artwork for the online sessions.
What you will learn
- Your child will create their very own special piece of artwork as well as having loads of fun whilst gaining new skills & boosting their confidence
- Gain a positive learning experience!
- Learn various tips and techniques & discover one's own creativity
What you will get
- Their very own pet masterpiece
- Feel proud of themselves
- A fun painting experience
What to bring
- 1 canvas or art paper, approx 30x40cm
- Acrylic paints-primary colours at least, brushes
- A materials list is attached to your booking email
What to wear
Casual (Warning: it might get messy)
Suitable for 5 - 10 years old
About Paint Your World
Michele Cleaver is a contemporary Artist based on the Mornington Peninsula, her mission is to inspire, educate & uplift people through art. Her personal belief is that art & colour play an important role in our lives. Greatly influenced by colour, her art generates feelings of love, light & joy. She enjoys the flexibility of painting with acrylics, using texture, collage, and exploring various mixed media works.
Having worked with art for over 20 years, including teaching art to various groups of children & adults. Her painting styles are numerous and include fine detailed work to creative and colourful abstracts.
A passionate art tutor, Michele holds regular classes and workshops in Mornington, classes are also available online and a mobile service is available for those in need. Her motto is "Learn to Paint, Anyone Can".
Paint Your World has an average rating of 4.9 for their other classes.See other reviews
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 7 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$10.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested 5 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 5 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
- Please advise asap in the event you are unable to attend a class
- Refer to our refund & cancellation policy for full details
- Studio storage space: If necessary you are able to leave your work to be picked up later but please understand that the storage capacity is limited. A space is provided for ongoing students until your work is completed. Completed artworks or artworks left behind can only be retained for one month after which they will be disposed of.