Come and learn about drills, burrs, buffs and the various use of the pendant drill including:
- Control of the drill and maintenance
- Speed of the drill for different tasks
- Cutters /grinders/ craxtex and rubber wheels /Felts etc.
- Texturing burrs/satin finishing heads /scotch bright heads
- Drills/tungsten carbine/High speed steel/diamond /pearl
- Sharpening drills and burrs
- Burr life and Wax
- Burnishing wheel to close pin holes in casting and soldering
- Large polishing motor
- Abrasive wheels
- Polishing Buffs
- Correct polishing and finishing’s with Tripoli/Rouge and other compounds.
Please bring a piece or pieces to be finished and questions on the use of drills and polishers.
The cost of the four hour workshop is $88.00 inclusive of GST.
Workshops 22 July, 1.30pm to 5.15pm and 23 September, 1.30pm to 5.15pm.
- Come and learn about all the drills, burrs, buffs and the various uses of the pendant drill.
- Learn about the large polishing motor, satinising, abrasive wheels and polishing buffs.
- demonstrations of hand polishing, satinising, pumice powder finish, different burrs and wheels and use of two speed handsets
- Bring a piece or pieces of jewellery to be finished or any you are having trouble cleaning up.
Vendor sincce 2016
We are a contemporary jewellery studio and gallery run by local jeweller Philip Noakes, who has over forty years experience in making and teaching in the industry. Philip has exhibited extensively around Australia, and makes his own work and private commisions, as well as teaching from the studio.
Contemporary Metal offers jewellers and students access to a fully equipped studio including: rolling mill, soldering and melting torches, pendant drills, vacuum casting, vulcaniser and wax injector, hydraulic press, lathe, tumbler, polisher, ultrasonic, large dapping sets and lapidary equipment.
We have benches available for hire on a casual, weekly or ongoing basis.