This 2 day course is aimed at those looking for employment in cafes, restaurants or hotels. The course will provide credit towards various diplomas including the Advanced Diploma in Hospitality, as well as Certificate IV in Hospitality.
Successful participants will be able to manage an espresso grinder & espresso machine, as well as prepare a wide range of espresso beverages, to industry standards.
The course also includes training & certification in Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety (SITXFSA001). We use 2 full days to ensure you get quality training & assessment. That means you get quality instruction, as well as plenty of practice to perfect your new skills.
What you will learn:
- Workstation set-up
- Key parts and how to manage an espresso machine and grinder
- Correct coffee storage
- Coffee species and the their different tastes
- Different Coffee blends and roast styles
- What happens during espresso extraction
- How to consistently dose, distribute, and tamp coffee
- Why, how and when to adjust traditional and grind on demand grinders
- Why correct flow rate is important
- How to prepare espresso
- How to prepare silky milk and pour it effectively
- How to prepare milk alternatives (e.g. soy or almond milk)
- How to build the various beverages on an espresso menu
- Basic cleaning & maintenance of the grinder and espresso machine
- Customer service skills
- Hygienic practices for food safety
Duration: 2 Day
- How to extract espresso to industry standards, and prepare silky milk for a wide range of beverages.
- Workstation set-up, and espresso machine & grinder management.
- Customer service, and hygienic practices.
- Nationally recognised certification
- Detailed course notes
- Training from the most qualified trainers in Australia
- Your interest to learn!
Aimed at those looking for nationally recognised, certified training for employment in cafes, restaurants or hotels.
Vendor sincce 2016
Genovese Coffee has been in coffee for 3 generations, and we have over 60 years of experience.
Our easy to understand, and practical Barista training courses are led by award winning, highly experienced, and internationally certified professionals. We have Australia’s leading training facility, with state of the art espresso, brew bar, and roasting equipment located close to Melbourne’s CBD. Our Barista training courses are ideal for new or experienced Baristas, as well as those who want to improve their home espresso. You can choose from a range of basic courses as well as internationally certified courses. Our Barista training courses have practical detailed theory, and hands on components. We also offer the world’s only internationally recognised coffee education program – The Specialty Coffee Association Coffee Diploma System. The SCA Roasting; Sensory Skills; Green Coffee; Barista Skills; Brewing; and Introduction to Coffee modules are now available for existing industry professionals, or those who aspire to work in leading Specialy Coffee businesses.
We understand that in various circumstances, you may need to reschedule or canel your booking.
Courses may be rescheduled. Gift Cards are non-refundable.
Barista Fundamentals courses may be cancelled or rescheduled as per the following:
Refunds (less any booking fees) are available with a minimum of 7 days notice.
Minimum 48 hours notice - No rescheduling fee. ($50 cancellation fee if less than 48 hours notice.)
Less than 48 hours notice - $50 rescheduling fee. (No cancellations available with less than 48 hours notice.)
SCAE Courses, and Prepare & Serve Espresso Coffee Courses may be cancelled or rescheduled as per the following:
Refunds (less any booking fees) or rescheduling (without fee) are available with a minimum of 14 days notice.
However, due to the materials preparation for these courses, the following fees apply for cancellations or rescheduling within 14 days of your course.
Minimum 7 days notice - $100 rescheduling or cancellation fee .
Minimum 48 hours notice - $200 rescheduling or cancellation fee.
No cancelling or rescheduling is available with less than 48 hours notice.
Thank you for your understanding.