PHOTO EMULSION SCREEN PRINTING
Taught by Nichola Prested
Over this full day intensive workshop, you will be taught the entire step by step process of textile screen printing and everything that it involves. You will get hands on experience with exposing the screens with your own artwork, then printing and heat setting your designs onto fabric. During this course you will learn about designing specifically for screen printing.
No experience necessary, there will be help at every step and lots of material to be inspired by. We highly recommend taking our stencil workshop, Learn to Screen Print in a Day! before enrolling in this workshop.
What you will learn
- The basics of emulsion screen printing
- How to prepare and coat your screen
- Basics of textile design and how to create a repeating design then transfer it onto film
- How to expose your screen in the UV exposure unit
- How to wash out your screen to reveal your design
- How to set up your printing area and mix your inks
- How to print your design onto fabric
- How to reclaim the screen
The following are available for purchase in small numbers on the day or can be pre-ordered by purchasing when booking the workshop (see details on the left of your screen). Bulk orders should be made at least 1 week before the workshop to ensure supplies are available on the day. You are welcome to bring along your own fabrics, t-shirts etc.
Screens can be taken home at the end of the workshop. To do this you must pre-order when booking. If you do not want to take your screen home you will use one of our in house screens which we will then reclaim at the end of the workshop.
Tote bags are available for purchase.
Set your date and time when booking Weekdays and evenings only.
- The basics of photo emulsion screen printing
- How to design your own artwork and expose it onto a screen
- How to print your design onto fabric
- Individual help translating drawings into a design
- An information sheet including all the info about the techniques taught
- Your own screen printed fabric to take home
- Any ideas, pictures or drawings to use as inspiration for your prints.
- Basic calico cotton fabric will be supplied, but feel free to bring along your own fabric, t-shirts, tea towels or tote bags. Light colours work best. Tote bags and linen tea towels are available for purchase when booking or on the day.
- A selection of ink colours will be available which can also be mixed to create new colours. If you would like to use particular colours please feel free to bring these to the workshop.
- Please bring your own lunch (fridge & microwave available) or you can take a short walk to the local cafe's.
Clothes you don't mind getting paint on or an apron
Vendor since 2013
Handmaker's Factory, 84B Charles Street, Seddon, VIC 3011
Please read our Refund Policy. By booking a workshop you agree to this policy. This policy has recently changed.
As seen in: CLASSES ON SUSTAINABLE LIVING IN MELBOURNE
Cancelling your spot in a class
- Bookings are final. Please double check the date of the workshop before booking, cancellations will result in forfeit of payment. Bookings are strictly not transferable to other dates.
- You may offer your spot to a friend, we will transfer the booking into their name but you must arrange any transfer of money between yourself and your friend.
- Non-attendance under any circumstances forfeits the fee paid and is non-transferable.
- A class requires a minimum number of attendants to go ahead. Your cancellation may mean the class is unable to go ahead therefore causing other participants to miss out and a teacher to be cancelled at the last minute.
If we cancel a class
- All classes require a minimum number of bookings to go ahead. Minimum numbers vary from class to class. Classes that do not have the required minimum will be cancelled.
- Participants will be notified 48 hours prior to the start of the class and will be offered the choice of having their spot transfered to the next available class, a credit to be used towards another class or a full refund.
- If a teacher is unable to attend a class due to illness or other extreme circumstances we will postpone the class to a later date and inform you as early as possible.
- We can not be held liable for any travel or other costs in the event of a cancellation.
- We do our best to ensure classes go ahead
Gift vouchers purchased for a particular class
Gift vouchers: (1) expire X months from the time of purchase (as specified when booking); (2) are not redeemable for cash; (3) are not transferable or assignable; (4) cannot be redeemed for other courses or events.
This Policy replaces all other previous policies and can be replaced or altered at any time.
All Policies are deemed to be accepted by all parties upon enrolment.
© 2012-2017 Handmaker's Factory. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated.
All designs used in our workshops remain the property of the original designer aka the teacher. While our teachers are happy to share the knowledge and skills that they have spent years learning and perfecting we do ask that you do not copy their work and make a profit from it.
Of course you are welcome to make and gift an item that you have learned to make in our workshops but any copyright infringement will not be tolerated. We ask that you do the right thing and come up with your own original designs if you plan to sell your creations.
We also ask that you credit the designers with their name and a link when sharing their work.