Beginners Glass Plate Making Workshop
This workshop is designed for Absolute Beginners. You'll be able to explore a whole new skill while you nurture yourself in my Church Street studio in Richmond.
You will experience the wonder of creating your own glass plate. I will show you step by step, how you can make my fun multi-coloured stunning glass design I call “Life’s Colours”.
You will work with a large palette of transparent sheet glass and you will create your own art glass platter.
During our 3 hours together, you will produce your own 25x25cm platter which I will fired in my kiln, up to 3 times after your workshop. Your plate will be available for pick-up from the studio, 14 days after your class, sometimes sooner.
Better still - book in with your friends and you will have the studio to yourselves! Imagine the fun you'll have.
When friends come together, you get a discount at the checkout. This is the perfect birthday gift.
You need to be able to stand securely on both feet to be a part of this workshop.
- You will learn how you can make your very own multi coloured stunning “Life’s Colours” plate.
- Nurture yourself forget the world outside and learn something completely new
- Make one 25x25cm art glass plate
- time-off from the world outside
- learn to try something new in a safe environment
- create a 25cm x 25cm art glass plate
- The glass, tools, use of equipment, firings you need to create your plate. You may be photographed during this workshop please let us know if you don't want this to happen.
- No, you don't need to bring anything, everything is included. Please see the dress code requirements.
- Come with your friends its a great workshop to share with others.
- just bring your sense of fun.
Please wear clothes that includes some kind of sleeve (not a tank top) Please wear closed toe shoes. (no thongs). You need to be able to stand securely on both feet.
No experience is necessary - absolute beginners welcome! Anyone under 18 years of age needs to be accompanied by a full paying adult.
Vendor since 2016
I’m like a kid in a lolly shop. I am endlessly impressed and inspired – by the work of others, by colours and textures, by everything around me, man-made and natural!
There’s so much to see, to interpret into glass!
I love it all. I love sharing it with everyone – that’s why I run workshops – it makes me happy and its my hope that some of this joy spills over to you as well.
I love my job.
You too can create graphic Mondrian-inspired bowls and platters and feminist invoking “Break The Glass Ceiling” pendants, brooches and sometimes earrings in these workshops. You can create an artwork for your walls in the fabulous Heart Art Class.
I love the clash of sometimes crazy and sometimes controlled geometry, that can see in my Paris Elegance series with its DNA centre design element. I suspect they indulge both the conservative and bold characteristics within. These styles can be explored more in the Level 2 classes.
The relationship between the glass elements in each piece means no two pieces are exactly alike, much as no story is ever retold in exactly the same way, so is every piece of glass you create in a workshop. You can truly say, no-one else, anywhere, has one quite like it! You'll also remember that giving a Gift Voucher is another uniuqe gift that expresses the value of your unique friendship.
Ultimately, I am sharing love. The love of life. Share it with me?
If you book into an event and miss it, we can't reschedule or refund the tickets after the fact.
Our classes take careful planning, seats are limited and we cut the glass and prepare the studio based on the number of people. I run a small business and my margins are very tight.
- If the event is more than 48 hours away, you just need to reschedule your ticket and a small processing fee of $5.50 is charged. Please submit this form requesting a transfer to a new class Transfer Form or email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the commencement of the workshop.
- If there is a last-minute change in plans (less than 12 hours' notice), then sorry you forfeit the ticket. Alternatively, you can send a friend along and they can use the ticket in your name.
- If there was an extreme emergency, there are some cases in which we can make exceptions to this policy.
- From time to time we need to cancel an event, in this instance we will notify you by email and text your mobile as well. We automatically transfer you into the next event, but you can request any alternative event within the next 3 months.
We aim to provide a safe and happy learning experience for everyone. Participation in Jenie Yolland's Art glass classes and workshops are at your own risk. Whilst we take every precaution to take reasonable care of our customers, we acknowledge that sometimes glass cutting and the studio environment can pose a risk, and your attendence at our classes waives our liability for any injuries that occur. We aim to provide a safe and happy learning experience for every body.