We are pleased to announce we are hitting the road and coming to Sydney!
Rest in Pieces invites you to attend Australia's first skeletal articulation workshop.
Gerard Geer one of Australia's leading skeletal artists has joined the R.I.P team and will take you on a very special exploration into skeletal articulation.
Throughout the 2 day workshop you will get hands on with the process of skinning and articulation, as well as attend an informative seminar on specimen cleaning and preservation.
At the end of the 2 day workshop, you will walk away with an insight into this fascinating art and you will each have a gorgeous mounted mouse skeleton housed in a glass dome.
Everything will be supplied over the 2 days including the mice, tools, glass dome, apron, snacks, and wine.
No previous taxidermy or skeletal articulation experience is necessary to attend this class.
In order to finalise your booking, can you please provide the following information:
- Do you have any special dietary requirements?
- Do you have a preferred name/nickname?
- And tell us: How did you find out about Rest in Pieces?
Would you like to book a take home kit?
Workshop + Full Kit contains the following:
- Frozen mouse
- Tools for skinning and skeletal articulation
- Products for cleaning and preserving your specimen
- Beginners Dermestid Colony Kit (Including approximately 40 live specimens of assorted growth stages)
- List of instructions used during the 2-day workshop
If you are interstate you will need to travel with the take home kit in your checked in luggage. Please email me to discuss how much room you will need.
November Class Schedule - 2 Day Workshop Skinning and Cleaning Saturday November 25th - 4.00pm - 10.00pm Articulation Sunday November 26th - 10.00am - 7.00pm
- How to turn a specimen into a beautiful piece of art that is shockingly full of life and character!
- Techniques and processes for skinning, preparing, cleaning, preserving, and articulating a mouse
- How to manage and maintain a Dermestid (flesh eating beetles!!!) colony
- A unique experience with Australia's first skeletal articulation workshop
- Your own specimen to work on (of course your articulated creation is yours to take home at the end of the workshop!)
- Hands-on skinning and articulation instruction across both days
- A seminar on skeletal preparation, cleaning, and preservation on day one
- All the tools required for the 2-day workshop
- Snacks, refreshments and wine
- Get up close and personal with the art of skeletal articulation
- Camera or camera phone
- A strong tummy
Dress to suit a warehouse climate
16+ with a curious mind - No previous taxidermy or skeletal articulation skills are needed for this class
Vendor sincce 2015
Taxidermy - Taxis 'arrangement' + Derma 'skin'
Natalie Delaney-John has traveled far and wide to learn the art of taxidermy and has been mentored by some of the world's best and most awarded taxidermists. She is the proud founder of Rest in Pieces, which launched Australia's first taxidermy workshops, conducts talks and has just released the Revival Kit so that you can learn this beautiful art in the comfort of your own home.
In 2016 the R.I.P team expanded to bring you Skeletal Articulation and Intermediate Taxidermy classes. Next year is set to see the team expand even further with the addition of Death Moth Entomology classes, a Taxidermy Taster class and Advanced classes.