Learn to paint with oils or acrylics at the Abbotsford Convent with professional artist Rick Matear. Rick has been exhibiting for 30 years and teaching for over 15 years.
Classes are for beginners to advance students, held in a large open style studio.
This class runs for 6 weeks. You may start at any time during the program.
Canvas and board sizes needed will be discussed during the first class. Reasonably priced artists paint sets are available at large art shops, such as Deans Art Shop (188 Gertrude St. in Fitzroy) and Chapman & Bailey (350 Johnston St. in Abbotsford).
You may start at any time during the program. Tuesday evenings 6.30pm until 8.30pm for a 6 week term.
- Learn to paint with oils or acrylics
- Explaining colour theory and various drawing techniques
- Easel and acrylic paint provided
- Small class size to ensure individual attention
- For first class: 2B Pencil and A4 size drawing pad
- For second class:
- Different size and style brushes
- 2 Hog hair round or flat
- 2 golden synthetic
- Oil paint – red, yellow, blue and white (40ml tubes}
- Gum turpentine 500 ml (It’s cheaper at a hardware)
- For mixing paints – palette, sealed flat board or cardboard
- 2 plastic bags
- Photograph or Image/Resource material
- At the first classes Canvas / board sizes needed will be discussed
- Reasonable priced artists paint sets are available at large art shops, such as Deans art Shop – 188 Gertrude street, Fitzroy and Chapman & Baily – 350 Johnston street Abbotsford
Old shirt/clothes to wear (It might get messy)
Classes are for beginners to advanced
Vendor sincce 2014
Explore your talent and be guided using either pencil, acrylic, oils or water colour.
Rick has over 30 years of experience in both painting and exhibitions. These classes are suitable for absolute beginners or you may be wanting help in completing a painting you have already started. Lessons will be held at the Abbotsford Convent. Discounts available for group classes for more than 6 people. Beginners to advanced in pencil, acrylic, water colour and oil painting. For examples of student work check out Rick's Facebook Page.
“Painting embraces all the 10 functions of the eye, that is to say darkness, light, body and colour, shape and location, distance and closeness, motion and rest” Leonardo Da Vinci